HomeGenie 1.2-Stable-32

Just upgraded to HomeGenie 1.2-Stable-32 and lost homegenie web page "problem loading page / Unable to connect.

Tried to revert to homegenie_1.2-beta.17 and recieved message “A later version is already installed”

Help
John Garrett

HG V.30 is quite stable.

What hardware do you have it installed on

I think only Generoso can help you, but AFAIK he doesn’t use this forum.
The best way to reach him is to open an issue on GitHub.

Yes pity he’s not active on this forum. It would make a lot of sense. As Bounz says open an issue on GitHub HomeGenie where he is active at the moment.

If you are working in Linux there is a simple way to remove your current version and install a more stable working version. I’m not too sure with Windows as I don’t use it.

build@raspberrypi72 ~ $ cat /etc/debian_version

build@raspberrypi72 ~ $ cat /etc/os-release

PRETTY_NAME=“Raspbian GNU/Linux 7 (wheezy)”

NAME=“Raspbian GNU/Linux”

VERSION_ID=“7”

VERSION=“7 (wheezy)”

ID=raspbian

ID_LIKE=debian

ANSI_COLOR=“1;31”

HOME_URL=“http://www.raspbian.org/

SUPPORT_URL=“http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianForums

BUG_REPORT_URL=“http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianBugs

build@raspberrypi72 ~ $ uname -a

Linux raspberrypi72 4.14.90+ #1183 Fri Dec 21 13:50:04 GMT 2018 armv6l GNU/Linux

build@raspberrypi72 ~ $ cat /proc/cpuinfo

processor : 0

model name : ARMv6-compatible processor rev 7 (v6l)

BogoMIPS : 697.95

Features : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp java tls

CPU implementer : 0x41

CPU architecture: 7

CPU variant : 0x0

CPU part : 0xb76

CPU revision : 7

Hardware : BCM2835

Revision : 0010

Serial : 0000000060aa8a38

build@raspberrypi72 ~ $

Thank you,

John

This should allow you to remove your current version and install whatever version you wish

backup your configuration

• uninstall current hg with the command sudo dpkg --remove homegenie
  • completely remove the hg folder
    sudo rm -rf /usr/local/bin/homegenie
  • install your chosen release
    sudo gdebi homegenie beta_1.2.whatever version_all.deb
  • restore your backup

Thank you, backup and running with:

homegenie_1.2-beta.17_all.deb

John

Anyone using newest ver 34? Any issues?

Yes and no is the simple answer.

Sweet. thanks. Altho I have not seen any release notes addressing security device module reporting issue, I may try it.

Gene hasn’t supplied much in the line of info about each new release. except where issues were reported and some times not even there. :frowning_face:

Not being a user of x10 security devices what is the problem here. What errors do the logs report.

No errors were being reported on my end I suspect this was due to the security naming not being watched.

Ok so you’re showing no problems. @Mike what problem are you showing and please include a log so people have some idea what your problem is.

@mike if your having issues with the security console not reporting security device activity when they did before, check to be sure the security module was not disenabled during an HG update.
This happened to me once just re-enable it. Also be sure all modules are checked to use as a security sensor

He needs to post logs here so others can see what he is talking about. I’m looking at another users logs and he was showing issues with security modules with a log reporting
File not found exception /usr/local/bin/homegenie/lib/mig/x10_security_modules.xml

An updated version of Mono resolves the issue but I wouldn’t recommend this without first seeing the logs.

Yes I seen those logs as well but that user wasn’t complaining about security modules. I agree a posting of a log file might be helpful here. Checking to see if something is enabled or not might save time since I my self experienced it.

In most cases if the manual update and config restore process is used it avoids all these minor issues. I doubt the update issue will be a major consideration for now as the recent flurry of updates has settled down.

The main factor here is if a user has a problem with their install they post logs which are self explanatory. You don’t visit a doctor, tell him you have a problem, don’t give him the symptoms and expect a satisfactory diagnosis.

Since day 1, security modules have not populated with their names until after they sent one or more of their 20 minute check in sigs. Then if HG closed and reopened, it all starts afresh - no names on the modules; they just show as not really there. Nothing new; My question in other thread was to see if any of the updates ever addressed this issue. as it prevents me from terminating my AHP x10 other cm15 - when my alarm will not arm, or goes off in the middle of the nite, it is more than idle curiosity to find out exactly WHICH module is unhappy.

Thanks for reply tuicemen. Nothing new here. Just asked if it was addressed in the last year or so.