more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Trying to get email notification working with this link-a note of caution  (Read 1434 times)

January 28, 2017, 09:41:20 AM
Reply #15

Doc

• Information
Hi I just connect the RPi to the network and ssh in via my Mac. I managed to update Jessie with mono 4.6 but it broke the build. So I will focus on wheezy again as you have got that working. I am now trying to focus on getting a distro with mono 4 working before I install HG. Thanks
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 09:46:21 AM by Doc »

February 19, 2017, 07:40:10 PM
Reply #16

Bounz

• Information
Yesterday I have made a fresh installation of HG on the brand new microSD. I have used Raspbian Jessie and have no problem with HG running.
There was a problem with sending email, but it was solved by correcting settings (on the help page of my mail service they wrote I should use port 465 with SSL enabled, but after 3 hours of logging and investigating I tried to use port 25 and everything began to work).

February 19, 2017, 07:53:02 PM
Reply #17

petediscrete

• Information
Jessie seems to have sorted out the email notification issue. Port 25 should be the only port needed to send an email within HG. Could never understand why port 465 or 587 were ever required. Hopefully that's the email notification saga resolved now.

I do recommend that anyone still using Wheezy follows your example and does a fresh install of Jessie. I have an SD card version of both but find Jessie a lot more stable.

February 20, 2017, 04:35:41 PM
Reply #18

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I've had no issues with Jessie for the last couple weeks.  The install did seem to take longer when updating, but that's most likely because I used an older version of the distro (wanted to make sure ssh was enabled by default).  Other than that, everything seems to be functioning as well as it did on Wheezy.  To be fair, I never had any issues with Wheezy once configured.