more G-Labs products

Author Topic: intellisense  (Read 3067 times)

November 13, 2015, 01:50:57 PM
Read 3067 times

[email protected]

• Information
is it possible to add even crude intellisense to the inbuilt script editor?

Or is there anyway to include the intellisense into visual studio, so that I can develop in there then cut and paste?

November 13, 2015, 05:32:47 PM
Reply #1

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
If you are referring to autocomplete, that is available now.  I believe you press shiftctrl+space or something but I don't remember at the moment.  Either way, there is an autocomplete option so you can have HG list available methods and parameters.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 03:07:54 PM by bkenobi »

November 13, 2015, 07:04:47 PM
Reply #2

mvdarend

• Information
If you are referring to autocomplete, that is available now.  I believe you press shift+space or something but I don't remember at the moment.  Either way, there is an autocomplete option so you can have HG list available methods and parameters.
Wow, I didn't know that... makes life that little bit easier :) (yes, it's shift + space) Sorry, it's CTRL - Space
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 07:33:48 AM by mvdarend »

November 13, 2015, 10:09:12 PM
Reply #3

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Oh for me it's CTRL+Space. Very strange

November 14, 2015, 07:33:21 AM
Reply #4

mvdarend

• Information
Oh for me it's CTRL+Space. Very strange

Sorry, you're right. For some reason I read (and wrote) Shift-space, but I was pressing CTRL-space on my keuboard to test it...  :-[

November 14, 2015, 08:43:32 PM
Reply #5

[email protected]

• Information
Ta will try later on :)

December 03, 2015, 10:38:16 AM
Reply #6

[email protected]

• Information
I'm now wondering if visual studio code could be used as an IDE :) I might have to have a play and see if an extension could be created :)

December 03, 2015, 04:30:18 PM
Reply #7

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
HG uses C#, Python, etc so any IDE that has the features you want and supports those languages should work.  The only down side is that you have to code it locally then copy it to the HG interface for compiling since HG scripts are not complete C#, etc codes.  I did this initially with Notepad++ to use the helpful syntax highlighting features, but a more robust IDE would also include autocomplete.

December 04, 2015, 01:14:11 AM
Reply #8

[email protected]

• Information
using normal visual studio I could create a project and then run an MSBUILD script to call powershell and drive the API and do whatever is needed to insert it into homegenie I guess but wouldn't be the easiest way... nor would it report the errors back.

Initially I have just created a console app with a additional classes to keep program.notify working and I just edit and test most bits that way.

David

December 04, 2015, 04:53:41 PM
Reply #9

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
It sounds like you run HG on a Windows machine of some kind.  If so, you might have an easier time using VS in your process.  For those who use RPi, I don't think VS is a viable option the way you describe.

December 08, 2015, 10:24:26 AM
Reply #10

[email protected]

• Information
VS Code is x-platform :) https://code.visualstudio.com/

I'm predominantley from a windows background, so yeah I use visual studio my main Machine however I am running all my homegenie installs on linux.. I've just downloaded monodevelop onto an ubuntu vm too so I can have a play as I'm struggling with getting anything more complex than hello world working with mono, but thats another story.

Maybe i am too used to the luxuries of visual studio's ide fixing my cock ups before I build.. and then as for re-sharper converting for each into LINQ then :)

December 08, 2015, 04:31:56 PM
Reply #11

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I don't run Xwindows on Linux cause it's too heavy IMO.  I only run a shell and have had no real need to fire up a GUI on the RPi after initially unboxing it.  I suppose firing up the GUI for some coding and then dropping back to shell would work though.  Also, I don't use the RPi as a local system and only connect remotely via ssh.

That said, if you get something that works better for you, I'm sure others would love to hear about it so they have an option to choose from!   8)

December 08, 2015, 05:38:12 PM
Reply #12

[email protected]

• Information
I'm doing the same with the RPI. When I get more free time I will have a play :)