more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Aeon Labs (Aeotec) Z-Wave RGB bulb Gen5  (Read 5891 times)

May 27, 2015, 02:24:10 AM
Read 5891 times

mikeH

• Information
I just got two in the mail today. The look very nice and the light output is certainly in the 60+W range.  I got it to pair with my Zstick and HG, but other than dimness I cannot control anything on the bulb.  I can't even get it to turn off.  Any hints?  Here are the supported classes,

Supported Classes
5E, Version, Manufacturer Specific, Security, EF, 5A, Hail, Switch Multi Level, 33, Switch All, Scene Activation, 2C, Configuration, Association, 59, 73, Firmware Update

« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 10:40:24 PM by mikeH »

May 28, 2015, 01:19:13 AM
Reply #1

mikeH

• Information
So interestingly with a default dimmer type it will dim in white but I cannot shut it off.  Is the a straightforward way to hack something into HG?

June 01, 2015, 04:00:10 AM
Reply #2

mikeH

• Information
I've got the engineering specifications from AEON Labs for this now.  Looks pretty straightforward if I could just figure out how to get HG to mix the channels.  I see the color light widget, but how do I go about binding that to a specific bit of code to make it all happen.  For that matter can someone point me to come C# code to issue commands to controls? I'll take Python, Ruby or JS if that works, please in that order....

June 01, 2015, 06:41:10 AM
Reply #3

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hello MikeH,

I think AEon Labs Bulb works near the Fibaro RGBW Module. So I have wrote FibaroRGBW plugin. If you give me the manufacturer specific number I can write the code for your light rapidly. It's near like.
Only have to add some code in Multiinstance Zave Channel to create the virtual module and the 4 or five phisical ZXave module. and modify Fibara RGBW programs.
Fibaro module uses RGB color coding. Philips Hue using HSB color coding. I think and I hope AEON Labs use RGB, it's more easy to understood.
You can send me the specific data sheet and I will help you.

Cheers
Dani

June 02, 2015, 08:58:39 PM
Reply #4

N1XRR

• Information
Hello MikeH,

I think AEon Labs Bulb works near the Fibaro RGBW Module. So I have wrote FibaroRGBW plugin. If you give me the manufacturer specific number I can write the code for your light rapidly. It's near like.
Only have to add some code in Multiinstance Zave Channel to create the virtual module and the 4 or five phisical ZXave module. and modify Fibara RGBW programs.
Fibaro module uses RGB color coding. Philips Hue using HSB color coding. I think and I hope AEON Labs use RGB, it's more easy to understood.
You can send me the specific data sheet and I will help you.

Cheers
Dani

Dani,
Aeon LED Manufacturer Specific: 0086:0103:0062

Is that what you're looking for?

June 03, 2015, 01:21:18 AM
Reply #5

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Yes for help MikeH.
But AEONLabs bulb as it specific command or color preprogrammed scene ? As Fibaro RGBW controller. Instead of I have to mask those function buttons in the Widget.
With the manufacturer specific I can post an hgx for test in the morning.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 01:23:29 AM by dani »

June 03, 2015, 12:39:23 PM
Reply #6

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi MikeH or N1XRR,

Here you can find the program adapted to AEONLabs ZWave Bulb.
Perhaps I have to make some changes, for that I need the specification sheet you have received by AEONLabs.

June 03, 2015, 03:45:38 PM
Reply #7

N1XRR

• Information
Dani,
I will test this out when I get home this evening.  Thanks!

June 03, 2015, 11:30:18 PM
Reply #8

mikeH

• Information
So I've been out of town and just saw your note.  First off... THANK YOU for putting in the effort to help with this.  I'll post the spec sheet if at can remember this evening when I get home.  Thanks again.

June 04, 2015, 02:36:43 PM
Reply #9

N1XRR

• Information
OK, when I bind the module to the Aeon bulb, I can turn it on and off ( :) Yay!), but I cannot control brightness or color.  See attached picture. 

It appears that Aeon has released an extended documentation sheet with some command references. Also attached.

Thanks a bunch for your help!  Really looking forward to getting this working!

-the other Mike in this thread

June 04, 2015, 06:19:22 PM
Reply #10

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Normally you have an other module, it's a virtual one, It's that one you have to use for get color.
The virtual module is link to the bulb but it is not in ZWave domain, it is normally In HomeAutomation.AEONLabsRGBW and it's a dimmer, it is that one you have to put in your module group not the original ZWave.
Thank's for the sheet, I will take a look.

June 06, 2015, 10:35:34 PM
Reply #11

mikeH

• Information
Been a crazy week....  I've attached the RGB LED Engineering Specifications that I got directly from AEONLabs.

UPDATE:  I downloaded the other attachment that N1XRR put in the thread.  I hadn't realized that he had roughly the same set of information that is in the engineering spec sheet (at least the important bits). 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 10:43:19 PM by mikeH »

June 10, 2015, 04:31:04 AM
Reply #12

N1XRR

• Information
A bit of a tardy reply...

OK, so, I've imported the program and added it to the dashboard.  The bulb will turn on and off via the dashboard widget, but color changing does not work. 

June 10, 2015, 09:58:53 AM
Reply #13

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi N1XRR,

Normally 5 Dimmer Nodes are created, The Number of Principal Node folowing by point from 1 to 5.
Exemple : If the Node is 5 you have five Nodes - 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4 and 5.5 if you insert those Nodes in your module Group for use independant dimmer channel, Is that change the color ?

June 10, 2015, 02:49:30 PM
Reply #14

N1XRR

• Information
Dani,
I did notice those dimmer nodes last night: 2.1 thru 2.5.  I added them to the dashboard, had options to adjust the level, but adjusting them did not change the lights output at all.

Are there any log files I should attach that would be useful? 

I could set up my remote access to my installation and put a camera on the light, if that would help...

-Michael