more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Single board computer for HD video recording and encryption?  (Read 686 times)

October 13, 2016, 03:08:39 PM
Read 686 times

ealltech

• Information
Hello! Have an issue I am trying to work through as I'm trying to make an HD recording device that also encrypts.

I've actually just started dabbling in the Graperain but no stranger to hacking around these controllers. Having said that, my knowledge is lacking in a few areas and am unsure that the pi can give me what I need in this instance - 1080p 30fps video recording and encryption.

1. Any ideas on which SBC can definitely perform this functionality without any hiccups?

2. In regards to writing and recording- does the sbc record onto its own disk before moving it to the encrypted drive like a usb or into the cloud (dropbox)? Or does it write into the encypted volume?

Once again...the most important thing is nice and easy automation of this.

October 20, 2016, 09:55:26 AM
Reply #1

rainsee

• Information
Recommend you start with a Pi to become familiar with the type of recording you wish to do, therefore you can learn what sizes of files are required to capture what you're trying to capture in video and you'll be able to explore user applications which will perform the recording, so you can tune the capabilities to fit them with the user and their needs.

After Pi learning, you can go with a uppder board https://www.graperain.com/ARM-Embedded-S5P4418-Single-Board-Computer/

October 20, 2016, 02:43:52 PM
Reply #2

ealltech

• Information

November 25, 2016, 08:04:26 AM
Reply #3

Anyasz

• Information
After Pi learning, you can go with a uppder board: about your single board computer.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 08:13:48 AM by Anyasz »

November 25, 2016, 08:18:38 AM
Reply #4

rainsee

• Information
Recommend you start with a Pi to become familiar with the type of recording you wish to do, therefore you can learn what sizes of files are required to capture what you're trying to capture in video and you'll be able to explore user applications which will perform the recording, so you can tune the capabilities to fit them with the user and their needs. After Pi learning, you can go with a uppder board android single board computer