more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Razberry  (Read 13908 times)

April 26, 2014, 11:42:52 AM
Reply #15

dutchie

• Information
Hi dutchie,

to get this working, you have to give me some time to upload r370 files with the fix =)
Otherwise, you have to enable/disable the z-wave interface after any node add/remove operation, in order to get the modules list refreshed.
I'm packing the .deb file first so you can download it soon.
I'll post a message here in a couple of minutes to let you know, so you can test and report.

Cheers,
g.

Take your time Gene, it is just my curiosity

April 26, 2014, 11:51:58 AM
Reply #16

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
r370 deb, tgz and exe are now updated with the fix.
For the Raspberry image it will take some more time to upload.

Cheers,
g.

April 26, 2014, 12:12:52 PM
Reply #17

dutchie

• Information
Well thanks for the quick fix Gene.
But I think it is about time to throw my Raz in the trashcan.
I still can't add nodes, even with the latest version, switching things on and off, rebooting....
Operations always fail and nodes don't show up anywhere  >:(

April 26, 2014, 12:16:34 PM
Reply #18

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Dunno... perhaps tischan can give you further help, since he has got the Razberry working.

Cheers,
g.

April 26, 2014, 04:56:00 PM
Reply #19

tischan

• Information
I write down some note what I have done an post them in the thread.

April 26, 2014, 04:58:33 PM
Reply #20

dutchie

• Information
I write down some note what I have done an post them in the thread.

Thx looking forward to it!
 ;D

April 26, 2014, 05:55:33 PM
Reply #21

tischan

• Information
Ok, wrote down a little more than I thought added background and my goal with the setup. I did this quickly (was away for whiel between the posts :) ) so the English and structure might not be the best. But better to share a first version then not share at all.

HomeGenie and Razberry setup

Goal with the first set up is:
Be able to control lights in my home in different ways:
  • Turn on and off one light/lamp through a web interface that can be accessed from a web browser on a computer, tables or phone
    Turn on and off several lights through a web interface that can be accessed from a web browser on a computer, tables or phone with a push of one button
    Turn on and off one or several lights depending on sunrise/sunset
    Turn on and off one or several lights depending on a set schedule, turn off the lamp after 2 hour it have been turned on or always at 23:00
    Turn on and off one or several lights depending on sunrise/sunset and a schedule. For example, turn on lamp 30 min before sunset and turn off at 2:00

Be able to control the lights remotely outside of your own network.

Next steps are (not decided in which order):
  • Automatic watering of the garden
    First step is to be able to control a valve that leads water to underground irrigation tubing such as: http://www.dreamgardens.se/bevattningssystem/bevattningsslang-deepdrip-100-m.html
    Second to have moisture sensors that trigger the valve
    Third check if it going to rain then wait even if moisture sensor tell to open valve
    Control awnings and blinds if sunny outside.
    First step control it remotely
    Second control it based on sensor input from Wind and Light

Links

HomeGenie hompage: http://www.generoso.info/homegenie/index.html
HomeGenie forum: https://sourceforge.net/p/homegenie/discussion
HomeGenie download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/homegenie/files/
(choose the file with the word raspi in it)

Razberry homepage: http://razberry.z-wave.me/

Win Disk Imager: https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/
SDformatter: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/eula_windows/

Get the image of HomeGenie on a SD memory card from a Windows computer (this can probably be done several ways but this worked for me):
  • Download HomeGenie image
    Download Win Disk Imager
    Download SDformatter
    Unzip downloaded HomeGenie image to a new folder
    Install SDformatter
    Format your SD card with SDformatter
    Unzip Win Disk Imager
    Start Win Disk Imager as admin (right click and and choose that option)
    In WinDisk choose the unziped HomeGenie image to be written to the SD card
    The card is now ready to be used by the Razberry

Prepare the Razberry for the Homegenie installation:
  • Connect the unpowered Raspberry Pi to you network
    Add the z-wave card according to the Raspberry Pi according to the guide sent by z-wave
    Add the SD card to the Razberry
    Power up your Razberry
    Wait 1-2 minutes then continue (you should see the diffrent lights in the RasPi blink when you power it on)

• Log in to your switch/router and check the IPadress that your Razberry received
    If needed set a fixed IPadress to your Razberry in you switch/router
    Enter the IPadress of Razberry in a webbrowser on the same network

Configure your Razberry with HomeGenie so can start adding nodes (devices)
  • From the main menu go to Configure->System and Interfaces
    Enable ZWave interface
    Change devices port to /dev/

Add node
  • From the main menu go to Configure->System and Interfaces
    Under Zwave Common tasks press add node
    When the pop-up comes up activate the device for network inclusion.  (For me switch the lamp on and off, fibaro dimmer and switch)
    If working the pop-up give the information that is done and provides you with an number

Create group
  • From the main menu go to Configure->Groups and modules
    Press the add group in the bottom right corner
    Enter the name of the group in the pop-up and press ok

Add node to a group
  • Choose the group that you want to add the node to
    Press actions group in the bottom right corner
    Press add module in the pop-up
    Click the drop down menu in the new popup
    There should be a section called HomeAutomation.Zwave under there your node should be listed, choose it and click add
    If the  section called HomeAutomation.Zwave do not exist try in the Configure->System and Interfaces to first disable and then enable the Zwave part.
    If the device is not shown in the HomeAutomation.Zwave section redo the Add node part
    You device should be added to the group
    Click on the added node and click setup in the pop-up
    Click get under Node Informations this might take a 1 min to retrive the Manufacturer Specific
    Go back in the browser and click on the added node and add the name that you want the node to have, click update when done
    Now you can test that it work from the control part of the HomeGenie

April 26, 2014, 05:57:11 PM
Reply #22

tischan

• Information
Ahh, something went wrong with the list but looks readable still.

Hope it helps. I will continue when I added the other step in my list of thing that I want to do.

April 26, 2014, 06:24:08 PM
Reply #23

dutchie

• Information
Thx tischan.

The only difference in your installation and mine is that you used the image from Gene and I used raspbmc-image.

Problem in my scenario is that adding a node is not possible; operation always fails.
The red led lits (it means the Raz is in learning mode) but the opration is always a failure and sometimes the red led stays on (Raz freezes?).

When I click exclude node the operation also fails but I do notice when I push the button of the device the red led immediatly switches off.

The logfile only shows one line with
 add node number http get

April 27, 2014, 08:56:49 AM
Reply #24

mvdarend

• Information
I spent yesterday afternoon playing around with this, but I could not get it to work fully.

After 3 or 4 tries I managed to 'see' the Z-wave wall switch in HomeGenie, but only after putting the switch and razberry in very close proximity to each other. Getting the Node Information continually gave me a timeout error, I tried switching the Z-wave interface off/on and also reboot the Pi a few times, but it still wouldn't work.

I thought that maybe the razberry antenna was the culprit so I soldered a new antenna to the Razberry board. But this didn't help, getting Node Information kept giving me a timeout, (sometimes very quickly by the way, I would click 'Get' and the timeout error would appear within half a second.)

On a whim, I opened the 'official' Razberry interface on the Pi, to my surprise the switch and all of its parameters could be seen here, so the Razberry does work. Could it be that the Razberry software is causing a conflict? Do I first have to disable the Razberry software?

Unpairing also seems to work OK from HomeGenie, although it does still give a timeout. Afterward I managed to pair the switch to the Z-stick again and all went well.

April 27, 2014, 02:03:11 PM
Reply #25

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi guys,

I made some fixes and added more logging to the Z-Wave library.
I cannot guarantee this will also fix problems you're having, but at least there will be more infos about what's going on.
Also a "Discovery" button has been added to the Z-Wave interface options.

To update, use the Update Check function from Configure->Maintenace.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
g.

April 27, 2014, 06:37:14 PM
Reply #26

mvdarend

• Information
Thanks for your efforts Gene! I've updated, but unfortunately I won't be able to test it until next weekend. I'm driving the family a little crazy at the moment  ;D

April 27, 2014, 07:27:38 PM
Reply #27

dutchie

• Information

On a whim, I opened the 'official' Razberry interface on the Pi, to my surprise the switch and all of its parameters could be seen here, so the Razberry does work. Could it be that the Razberry software is causing a conflict? Do I first have to disable the Razberry software?

I can't imagine you can have z-way server and HG running simultaniously. At least I can't I have to stop one and start the other.

Still no success with both of them (z-way V1.50rc3 HG RC371). I can see some sleeping nodes in the z-way server but they might be dummies from their demo. There is no detailed info about them. In z-wayserver the red led does nothing when I include or exclude node  :(.

Do you have a z-way.log or a z-way-server.log? (My z-way.log is dated 26-04-2014 and mentions something about serial port gone. The z-way-server.log is dated from today and as noob I can't find any errors in there).
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 07:29:35 PM by dutchie »

April 28, 2014, 10:40:23 AM
Reply #28

dutchie

• Information
This morning played around with the original z-way.
Somehow I managed to add a node, it is a sleeping one.
Can't get it awake.
It seems like every action I take (forcing device info, (re)include, exclude) the serial port vanishes; it takes a hard reboot (unplug/replug power) to get it back working again.

May 04, 2014, 07:58:36 PM
Reply #29

dutchie

• Information
I give up on the Razberry.
Somehow the serial port is unstable (kernel related?)