more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Smart logic, rules, custom apps?  (Read 642 times)

February 02, 2016, 04:43:52 PM
Read 642 times

kevin1

• Information
So do you all have custom apps to do cool things that are not part of common apps?  I don't think wizard scripts are powerful enough for this from what I have found.  Now that I have a decent installation of devices, I want to have them really be smart and not just lights I can turn on with my phone or voice.  Things like:

-if temp < 60 and door is open for more than 5 minutes, alarm or text

-if outside temp is 65-75 and hvac is on, alarm or text to open a window ;-)
-if security alarm is turned on but door is open, alarm or text
-if smoke detector alarms, text me
-vacation mode to quickly enable scheduled on/off cron for all the lights (rather than enabling each independently)
-map x10 remote button presses to trigger zwave lights toggle
-if after midnight garage door is open, alarm or text
-how to alert/alarm for some of these without waking the kids (I go to bed 10-11 pm and would like some subtle alert that I forgot check/close garage door)

The cool smart stuff that isn't done or maybe hard to do in an app shared by all.

Anyway, if so what ideas have you come up with to tie all these smart devices together? 

February 02, 2016, 06:42:35 PM
Reply #1

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
The primary reason I use HG is that ActiveHome Pro didn't offer enough flexibility to do this type of thing.  With HG, I can do anything I want because everything is accessible to a true programming language (rather than the visual scripts similar to a Wizard script).  Even with the Smart Macros add-on to AHP I could not really do the things I wanted.  So, I moved.

With HG, you can do almost anything so long as you can access it (temperature, window state, door state, garage door state, etc).  Once you have that, it's definitely possible to do all of the things you listed.