more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Missing Z-Wave nodes on 1.00 beta r370 "Solved, Bad SD card"  (Read 1333 times)

April 28, 2014, 03:54:37 AM
Read 1333 times

MacGyver

• Information
I seem to be missing some of my Z-Wave modules (Nodes). This has started when I upgraded from r366. I attempted to have the system relearn them since they get recognized with their original node numbers but they do not appear when trying to assign to any groups. This is very strange. Please help!!

MacGyver

Edit: I updated to r371 and modules (Nodes) are back. But in the about window it is still showing version r370.
Another small annoyance in the android app, temperature only displays in centigrade. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 03:09:24 AM by MacGyver »
The ten most dangerous words in the English language are "Hi, I'm from the government, and I'm here to help."

RONALD REAGAN July 28, 1988

April 29, 2014, 03:04:25 AM
Reply #1

MacGyver

• Information
Today system showed that an update was available. It displayed r371 was available. Hmmm I updated already, even the other menu's had new buttons that worked, other than the about page showing Ver r370. But no other way to update again via the web GUI.So I did the update thinking something mo0re was messed up the first time. This time the Raspberry Pi died altogether, which turned out to be the SD card. Since that happened I reinstalled everything on a newer SD card and all is now normal.
Lesson learned that some issues with Homegenie may not necessarily be the software!
Thank Goodness I make backups of important data and restoring was painless.
With this new install I also made a clone of the SD card as an added backup.
I think it is time to add a SSD or a USB Mem stick and port everything over to that and reduce the stress on the main SD card.

MacGyver
The ten most dangerous words in the English language are "Hi, I'm from the government, and I'm here to help."

RONALD REAGAN July 28, 1988