more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Schlage Doorlock BE469NX zwave  (Read 2375 times)

June 06, 2015, 05:42:55 AM
Read 2375 times

byteman

• Information
I added the subject Schlage doorlock to HG with success.  I'm able to lock and unlock the deadbolt from HG consistently.  Also, manual locking and unlocking the deadbolt immediately updates the status of the doorlock control.  Thank you @snagytx for your work on this.

I'm totally new to HG (and zwave for that matter) and would like to be able to create a control or widget which would report the battery level of the doorlock.  Also the door has an alarm which I'd like to control (if possible) and perhaps the capability to remotely change entry codes?

I think I just need to be pushed in the right direction - i.e., where & how do I begin to add a widget to display and monitor the doorlock battery?

January 01, 2016, 03:29:59 PM
Reply #1

michmill

• Information
Byteman, can you tell me which Z-Wave controller you're using?  I have the same locks, but I can't get them to associate to HomeGenie.  I'm thinking it might be my controller.

Cheers,
Mike

January 01, 2016, 04:21:48 PM
Reply #2

byteman

• Information
Regarding the controller, it's a Z-Stick - on the box it says:

"Aeon Labs DSA02203 - ZQUS Z-Wave Z-Stick Series 2 USB Dongle"

As I recall, the largest challenge was getting the lock to sync with the controller - it had to be done from the HomeGenie menu and the Z-Stick needed to be less than a foot from the door lock.  It ended up being a lot of trial and error, so it's one of those things where you don't know exactly what was the key to making it work.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 05:11:04 PM by byteman »

January 27, 2016, 03:03:41 PM
Reply #3

megalo

• Information
Regarding the controller, it's a Z-Stick - on the box it says:

"Aeon Labs DSA02203 - ZQUS Z-Wave Z-Stick Series 2 USB Dongle"

As I recall, the largest challenge was getting the lock to sync with the controller - it had to be done from the HomeGenie menu and the Z-Stick needed to be less than a foot from the door lock.  It ended up being a lot of trial and error, so it's one of those things where you don't know exactly what was the key to making it work.

Good luck!

I've tried clearing out my Z-Stick by excluding my Schlage lock, as well as doing a hard reset from within HomeGenie, but I can't seem to get the lock to include using the HomeGenie "Add Node" method.  I'm using a laptop to test with, so I am able to hold the stick as close as I want, but I get no real feedback as to why things aren't working - HomeGenie just times out the 10 second timer for adding the node.

I think I've made sure the lock doesn't think it's included in anything, and Discovery in HomeGenie finds no nodes.

Should the procedure be:

1) Start HomeGenie "Add Node" process with Z-Stick and lock < 1 foot away
2) Press 6 digit code + 0 on lock to start the lock's inclusion process

For what it's worth, the laptop is running Windows 10, and I was able to add a simple motion sensor using the HomeGenie Add Node button.

January 27, 2016, 05:58:33 PM
Reply #4

byteman

• Information
You have the procedure correct, as I recall.  And seems to me that it takes several tries.  If you can't get it to work, I'm going to be where the lock is in about a week - could do some further experimenting then.  BTW, I'm using HomeGenie on a Raspberry Pi vs. your Win10 laptop - not sure if that matters.

Good luck!

January 29, 2016, 03:51:44 AM
Reply #5

megalo

• Information
Oh, I forgot to ask - what version of HomeGenie did you use?  I'm running the latest from the mainline, 1.1 r512.

January 29, 2016, 02:53:54 PM
Reply #6

byteman

• Information
My version says: Version 1.0-beta.493

January 19, 2017, 12:04:26 AM
Reply #7

koopjm

• Information
Were there any updates to this? I also have a Schlage BE469 that I've been unable to connect with. I have a Aeotec Z-Stick Gen 5 usb controller, running homegenie beta_1.1.r525 on an ARM platform. If I use the stick on it's own to pair, the lock is detected ok, but does not work (I can't really find any info on this on the web, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the security protocol, and maybe the stick doesn't handle that on it's own). If I try to pair while the stick is connected to the homegenie platform (via homegenie), it doesn't seem to find the lock at all. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to homegenie/z-wave, but otherwise fairly capable. Is there some logging I can collect or something?
Thanks.