more G-Labs products

Author Topic: HEM v2 and Z-Stick Gen5  (Read 1243 times)

July 14, 2015, 04:06:23 AM
Read 1243 times

nerdmedic

• Information
I am running HomeGenie on a Win7 laptop with an Aeon Z-Stick USB Gen5 controller and attempting to use an Aeon Home Energy Monitor.  The linking process seems to occur correctly but I cannot get any readings from the energy monitor in the widget.  I have searched the forums and found the suggestion to enter the node information as '85' but I cannot locate the data field in which to enter that information.  I followed the instructions to go to Configure - then Modules and then click the 3-line button to the right of the module but when I scroll through the list of parameters, I don't find the parameter called out in the instructions.

I am using the latest HG code (493) and the latest firmware in the HEM (v3.64).  The correct UZB drivers are installed and the Z-Stick enumerates as COM25 which I then set in the HG configuration.  When I click Discovery, it discovers three nodes which seems like it should be correct since I have the controller, a door lock and the HEM.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this issue?

thanks!

paul

August 02, 2015, 09:21:44 AM
Reply #1

naps1saps

• Information
I am using the same one and updated HG as soon as I got it.  Seems like that was a bad mistake since I cannot get it to work either.  I think there is a bug with the new interface update but nobody has confirmed that yet.  Other people say it is working fine but they never state the HG version they are using.

Here is my thread:
http://www.homegenie.it/forum/index.php?topic=954.0

One of my posts has the current .JSON file but make sure the device ID matches the file name before you copy it into the path:
HomeGenie\html\ext\zwave\pepper1db\
If it does not match, let me know and I will help you create the one for your device ID using the xml you can download from pepper1db's website.

This will let you get and set the settings for the meter.  Go to pepper1db's website and search for the device ID or use google so you can find out what each setting does and the option for each.  That info is also in the user/setup guide on Aeon Lab's website I believe.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 09:27:16 AM by naps1saps »