more G-Labs products

Author Topic: TESTING RELEASE  (Read 196257 times)

December 27, 2015, 11:22:12 AM
Reply #765

Peter1977

• Information
with 508 my zwave stopped working as well. Had to go back to my previous version to get it working (499 in my case).
gtrz
After some days, reboot ? Or immediately ?
My z-wave work fine for now in r508...

Happened immediately.
Did a clean install and import.

January 01, 2016, 11:24:14 PM
Reply #766

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
HomeGenie v1.1-beta.509 is out:

- Added 'Zone Sensors' program; group multiple sensors into one logical sensor
- Added 'Automatic Off' options to TimeTable programs (when armed home/away or no motion activity detected)
- Updated Z-Wave device database (pepper1)
- Updated RaspberrySharp-IO libraries
- Little UI rework and improvements
- Fix to Timetable widget 'today events' bug

TimeTable programs have now some new options.
Each program can be individually disabled.
Each program can have Automatic Off rules that can be triggered when arming/disarming the security system or by a motion sensor inactivity or both.
For example if a program has the "Automatic turn off when security is armed away" option set, all modules (lights, thermostats, ...) belonging to that timetable program, will be automatically turned off when the alarm system is armed.
If the alarm system is then disarmed, all modules belonging to that program will go back to the original state as scheduled.
The other option will let specify a motion sensor and a timeout period. If not motion is detected for the given period, all modules belonging to that program, will be automatically turned off. If the motion sensor become active again, then all modules belonging to that program will go back to the original state as scheduled.
These two options can be also combined, so that if the system is disarmed but no motion is detected the modules won't go back to the scheduled state. Modules will only go back to the scheduled state once a motion is detected.

Zone Sensors program
This new program let create a given number of virtual sensors that can group into each one ore more sensors. For example we can include into the Zone Sensor 1 two motion detector modules, one light sensor and two temperature sensors. The result will be a single module (Zone Sensor 1) that will inherit all events from the included modules. When both of the included motion sensors will be off, Zone Sensor 1 will be off. If one or both motion sensors will be on, then Zone Sensor 1 will be on. For other values like luminance or temperature the result will be the average of the included modules values.
This new program can come handy for other features such as Smart Lights or TimeTable.

Happy New Year!
g.

P.S. Be patient if upgrading from RaspberryPi or similar as the decompression of this update can take 15 minutes or more :/ Update decompression speed is something I will look into next ;)

P.P.S.S. Empty browser cache after upgrading, otherwise a few things won't work in the UI.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 11:54:18 PM by Gene »

January 02, 2016, 04:48:45 PM
Reply #767

Jens

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi Gene,

have you had a chance to look at the log file in regards to the X10 RF receive issue (in my setup in combination with wizard scripts). I think something similar is reported "X10 ERROR". Can I help to identify the root cause?

As you are working on the timetable currently, could you please add an X10 ON for Shutters/dimmers, either to replace 100% or in addition. As long as X10 extended codes are not supported the SW12 will only work with X10 ON/OFF.

Thanks

Regards
Jens

January 02, 2016, 06:05:42 PM
Reply #768

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi Gene,
I test "Zone Sensors program" to create a group of shutter to centralize the configuration of "TimeTable" and "Schedule" for 5 shutter.
I can configure it, but :
  • Not sure it will work because you have create to work for sensor ...
  • the group appear as sensor therefor i choose "shutter"
Any advise ?
Therefore, i have other idea to use this function so it's a very good idea to add it :).

Happy new year !!

January 02, 2016, 07:57:54 PM
Reply #769

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi Gene,

have you had a chance to look at the log file in regards to the X10 RF receive issue (in my setup in combination with wizard scripts). I think something similar is reported "X10 ERROR". Can I help to identify the root cause?

As you are working on the timetable currently, could you please add an X10 ON for Shutters/dimmers, either to replace 100% or in addition. As long as X10 extended codes are not supported the SW12 will only work with X10 ON/OFF.

Thanks

Regards
Jens

did not have a chance to look into the x10 rf issue.
I'll add ON command for the shutter/dimmer timetable in the next release.

g.

January 02, 2016, 08:03:29 PM
Reply #770

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi Gene,
I test "Zone Sensors program" to create a group of shutter to centralize the configuration of "TimeTable" and "Schedule" for 5 shutter.
I can configure it, but :
  • Not sure it will work because you have create to work for sensor ...
  • the group appear as sensor therefor i choose "shutter"
Any advise ?
Therefore, i have other idea to use this function so it's a very good idea to add it :).

Happy new year !!

Zone Sensors are meant to be just sensors and so used as sensors, you cannot change the type.
What is your other idea?

January 02, 2016, 08:04:43 PM
Reply #771

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi All,

As Gene told you, the update from 508 to 509 take a while, for me decompressing taken more than 12 minutes with Raspberry Pi B2. Be patient. Don't touch the screen, otherwise you lost the progress popup

January 02, 2016, 08:22:17 PM
Reply #772

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
this is even worse with old rpi models. I hope to have soon a chance of replacing standard compression class with the SharpZipLib which would take few seconds only even on oldest rpi.

g.

January 02, 2016, 08:49:43 PM
Reply #773

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Zone Sensors are meant to be just sensors and so used as sensors, you cannot change the type.
What is your other idea?
1/ Centralize the configuration of my "scheduler" and "timetable" for my 5 shutter (that avoid to change a value on the 5 HomeGenie devices
2/ Use to optimize my script "My Smart Lights" to use the 2 motions sensor of the room instead of only one (motion only for now)

January 02, 2016, 08:57:50 PM
Reply #774

pim555

• Information
Hi Nolio,

#1, I do this using a program that switches all shutters on a fixed time. I still find this easier to maintain than using timetable (although that is getting better and better) of schedule on/off.
#2, was thinking about that as well. Example: would like to switch off my kitchen light after specific amount of time but switch on when motion is detected in the kitchen or in the back of the living room (towards the kitchen).

Cheers
Pim

January 02, 2016, 09:22:02 PM
Reply #775

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
2/ Use to optimize my script "My Smart Lights" to use the 2 motions sensor of the room instead of only one (motion only for now)

you can already do this. Include the two sensors into the same Zone, then specify the Zone Sensor in your Smart Light options.

g.

January 02, 2016, 09:26:56 PM
Reply #776

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi Pim,

#1, I do this using a program that switches all shutters on a fixed time. I still find this easier to maintain than using timetable (although that is getting better and better) of schedule on/off.
For now, i use a combination of "TimeTable" and "Schedule" to manage the open of everyday (the close is only manager by scheduler). Initially i only use scheduler, but my need become too complicated.

• Scheduler expression for manage weekday :
Code: [Select]
(@SolarAltitude.Morning.Sunrise.Start:10 8 * * *);@Weekdays
  • Timetable for weekend : Fixed hour later

I remember that something like that didn't work and didn't permit to manage holiday
Code: [Select]
((@SolarAltitude.Morning.Sunrise.Start:10 8 * * *);@Weekdays):(@Weekend:0 9 * * *))
So not very simple, but for now, i don't think i can do better ...
For me, expression in timetable should permit to use timetable only .

############
With motion sensor for open shutter on non working day, it would be perfect ! :D
############

Bye
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 09:29:16 PM by nolio »

January 03, 2016, 11:30:20 AM
Reply #777

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi,
I create one virtual sensors (Zone Sensors), the battery level appear at 1%, but my sensors have 81% and 100%.
Not a big problem but 2 idea to optimize :
  • No battery level for virtual module
  • The lowest level battery of all module in a virtual module
Regards.

January 03, 2016, 02:16:56 PM
Reply #778

Bounz

• Information
Hi, Genie.
After upgrading to v509a new timetable widget didn't show any modules at all. I've fixed with clean install and restoring configuration backup.
Now I'm wondering what for 4 DaniMail thermostat modules with names (DaniMail1) .. (DaniMail4) are included in the default configuration?

January 03, 2016, 03:31:27 PM
Reply #779

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hey Bounz,

I don't see any DaniMail thermostat modules in the default config. Where are these?

g.