more G-Labs products

Author Topic: HomeGenie Plus for Android  (Read 33074 times)

October 28, 2015, 04:16:24 PM
Reply #45

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
Ok Michel,

just published an update with the fix (should be available in a short time):

- fixed crash on first time setup (going to next page of server configuration)
- fixed Status widget not displaying values

g.

October 28, 2015, 10:02:51 PM
Reply #46

pim555

• Information
Hi Pim,

- option to enable vibrate in the preferences menu to allow the device to vibrate shortly when selecting the switch/lamp/etc. to switch on or off. This helps in confirming the user that the button was actually pressed.

the app already let you associate different notification sounds to each module. Did you try this feature?

g.

Hi Gene,

Yes, looked into that but if you associate that to a level of a switch there is a significant time delay between pressing the button and hearing the sound. My idea would be to vibrate in sync with the touch visualization of the widget (grey color that fills the entire widget).

Maybe, if you have time, you can have a look at the Yatse remote control app (settings -> interface settings -> vibrate on touch). That kind of functionality works perfectly for a remote control...

Pim

October 28, 2015, 10:44:05 PM
Reply #47

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi Pim,

I'm adding this as a feature request on github.
Did latest app fix your issue?

October 28, 2015, 10:51:22 PM
Reply #48

pim555

• Information
Hi Gene,

Thnx.

Guess you refer to the shutter switches not showing up. That is still not working with the latest app release.

Pim

October 29, 2015, 03:22:25 AM
Reply #49

at2tech

• Information
hi at2tech,

this is definitely something that needs to be fixed. Can you give further informations about your configuration and perhaps z-wave logs?
You can change the display unit from the preference page of the client (click the gear button in the upper corner).

I installed the latest version and all seems to be working in the client except current temp and set points...both should read f/c depending on setting but they read opposite of each other ...ie if shows 70f set points display in celcius

October 29, 2015, 11:37:22 AM
Reply #50

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
hi a2tech, the problem is on the HG server side rather than the client. So we've got to make some tests. Do you know how to start HG from a terminal in order to see loggging messages? or if not you can download the logs from the maintenance page after trying manually these urls:

http://HG_SERVER_ADDRESS/api/HomeAutomation.ZWave/ZWAVE_NODE_NUMBER/Thermostat.SetPointSet/Heating/22
http://HG_SERVER_ADDRESS/api/HomeAutomation.ZWave/ZWAVE_NODE_NUMBER/Thermostat.SetPointGet/Heating
(try both celsius and faherheneit values)

also try pressing the local button on the device before issuing these commends.

October 29, 2015, 03:56:14 PM
Reply #51

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi Gene,
I finally success to buy ! :-)
No shutter in the app too
Guess you refer to the shutter switches not showing up. That is still not working with the latest app release.
+ sirens doesn't appear too.

Is it possible to reduce the top bar with "Homegenie" and the name of the group ?

The app plus is more modern design than this old one :-).

I will test it in the following days.

Bye

October 31, 2015, 03:30:58 PM
Reply #52

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
HomeGenie Plus update has been published:

31-Oct-2015 Rev 6:
- Added to preference haptic feedback on commands (vibrate)
- Hide nonrelevant fields in Sensor widget
- Hide battery status for not battery powered modules
- Fixed Security widget not showing alarmed status
- Added Alarm Siren widget
- Added Shutter widget

October 31, 2015, 08:06:19 PM
Reply #53

KaZe

• Information
Hi Gene!

- Added to preference haptic feedback on commands (vibrate)
I think the vibration is too long. It would be enough a smaller vibration like if typing on the phone with vibration mode.

Hide nonrelevant fields in Sensor widget
In my case the multisensor don't show movement events. And window/door sensor no show open/close status, just i can see on picture.

October 31, 2015, 08:10:43 PM
Reply #54

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Yes Kaze,

door and motion sensor level is now shown only as red circle around the image. Isn't that ok? Did you prefer the other way? Like noilio pointed out, the status.level field is a redundant information since you already notice about the image status highlight.
I can reduce the haptic feedback from 250 to 100 ms.

g.

October 31, 2015, 08:22:17 PM
Reply #55

KaZe

• Information
Oh, I see the red circle, I did not notice. It's ok, just I have to get used to it. :)

October 31, 2015, 09:55:27 PM
Reply #56

enterprised

• Information
  • Things are only impossible until they are not
  • I still have the issue with HG+ disappearing from my screen and having to restart the app. since nobody else complains about this noe I got to assume it is my tablet causing this. Guess its time to do a complete reinstall of Android.
  • Is it possible to have HG+ speak notifications using the tablet/phone it's installed on. I like to have it say things like "Front Door Open" based on alarm sensor status.

4a 75 73 74 20 61 20 70 65 72 73 6f 6e 20 68 61 76 69 6e 67 20 66 75 6e 20 77 69 74 68 20 68 6f 6d 65 20 61 75 74 6f 6d 61 74 69 6f 6e
enterprised == guytpetj

October 31, 2015, 10:30:41 PM
Reply #57

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi enterprised,

1. I think it's your tablet
2. please add a issue on github for speak feature (there's a sound notification feature already, but I'll also add spoken message option to it)

g.

October 31, 2015, 10:38:27 PM
Reply #58

pim555

• Information
Hi Gene,

Thanks for adding shutters and haptic. Agree that the haptic period might be reduced a bit to be similar to haptic feedback when selected on an Android keyboard.

Further feedback:
- After discovery detects the server, the port number is set to 80 by default. Not sure if this can be detected but if it is set to something else, it is not detected.
- I use all switches etc. folded in (smallest amount of screen space used). After set-up this setting is lost.
- Can password be saved? If use the app on my phone only so no need for continuous authentication.

Pim

October 31, 2015, 11:43:17 PM
Reply #59

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi Pim,

- discovery autodetects the port: did you restart hg after changing the port? (this is working for me)
- the setting is lost every time you run setup again (but I'll see a way of retaining config when connecting again to the same server)
- password is asked everytime you run setup because that way only the administrator can decide what modules will be available on that device. so you can restrict access for people you don't want to mess with all modules and have admin access to the system

g.