more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Switched to Domoticz  (Read 2488 times)

September 30, 2015, 02:14:17 AM
Read 2488 times

mikeH

• Information
Saying goodbye for now.  Domoticz offers better support due to OpenZwave driver support.  For my needs, ZWAVE and a lot of AeonLabs equipment, it's nearly flawless.  Good luck HG team, I look forward to checking in on you guys in about a year.

November 29, 2015, 02:26:45 PM
Reply #1

DavZero

• Information
Hi,

I've already seen post were users say they go to Domoticz.

I will give you my exprerience, because in my case, I come from Domoticz to HomeGenie.

I've using Domoticz for 6 month in my test environment in order principaly to manage my home heating process.
LUA script were very simple to use and powerfull, but there is no way to customize widget. Note that it's note very important because I've seen a reason to add a new widget in domoticz expect the WAF factor (the thermostat widget do what it's needed but was not beatifull)
The statistic is too very usefull in domoticz.
But I found some issue when I using my ZWave device qubino 2 relays. It's why I try HG

I'm using HG since about 3 month.
C# script were very powerfull and the API provide is I think more usefull than in Domoticz. I could acheive what I want to do.
The widgets were very customizable. The problem is we NEED to customize them in order to acheive what we want. So this point could a problem or not depending ans what you need to do and want to do. Personnaly, I don't like make a widget but I've made a new one with some effort and it works great now so it's not impossible.
The statisitics were a little bit less usefull than in Domoticz for me but I think it could be sufficient for a lot of case.
In HG my qubino 2 relays works without any issu.

So both solution were usable but they both have some problem.