more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Wifi temperature sensor/relay using esp8266 and sonoff  (Read 670 times)

January 28, 2017, 12:35:10 PM
Read 670 times

PiotrC

• Information
Homegenie is great piece of software. Recently I connected WiFi Temperature/humidity/luninosity sensors using ESP 8266 development board. If someone is interested how to do it reasonably fast here it is:
I used one of ESP 8266 Node MCU development boards  (4-6$) like this one then I used ESP Easy firmware which let us connect many sensors / relays with no programming. Everything is available by web user interface. When you have Easy ESP connected to Wifi all readings from sensor are available through json interface http://your_esyesp_ip/json. It looks like that
Code: [Select]

{"System":{
"Build": 147,
"Unit": 1,
"Uptime": 9,
"Free RAM": 26824
},
"Sensors":[
{
"TaskName": "oled1"
},
{
"TaskName": "rssi",
"Wifi RSSI": -54.00
},
{
"TaskName": "vcc",
"Input VCC": -1.00
},
{
"TaskName": "Lumos",
"Lux": 624.00
},
{
"TaskName": "DHT",
"Temperature": 21.00,
"Humidity": 41.00
},
{
"TaskName": "press",
"Temperature": 22.02,
"Humidity": 46.64,
"Pressure": 1013.10
},
{
"TaskName": "TempOut",
"Temperature": 2.19
}
]}

Then I prepared homegenie program (i'm not programmer, so i just adopted existing programs) which read this json and gives it to homegenie sensor widget. You have program below. You need to configure your  ESP Easy IP and number of task you want to read (in example above Humidity from "press" task is number 5) and value name.

If you want to use it for relay - you can use another Homegenie app attached - easyESP Switch. It uses json API od Easy ESP to switch on/off relay. You need to configure IP adress in code.
I also found interesting chinese device called Sonoff. It is 7$ relay with power supply and manual switch. It is intended to use witch chinese app on phone but it is based on ESP 8266 module. So you can connect USB-> comm adapter to pins in the device and flash it with ESP Easy Then you will have Homegenie operated ready for use Wifi relay just for 7$.

It works fine for me.

Regards
Piotr

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?