more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Meet Eden!  (Read 17859 times)

November 30, 2014, 01:04:29 PM
Reply #30

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
very cool =) I also have that PIR, got from amazon. It's a very cheap one and works very well. =)

November 30, 2014, 09:30:05 PM
Reply #31

mvdarend

• Information
Will you be selling Eden boards? I'd like to purchase one so that I can put the one I have on the 'production' Pi

December 01, 2014, 01:53:37 PM
Reply #32

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi mvdarend,

as Eden board didn't get too much interest from people, ain't going to sell it. But this was a good experiment that helped improving HomeGenie software and that may lead to improving the board itself in the future, making of it a more interesting and ready to use product.

Cheers,
g.

December 20, 2014, 08:30:03 PM
Reply #33

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi all,

I just uploaded the app for using an Ssd 1306 Oled display. It can be used with Eden board as well =)

http://www.homegenie.it/forum/index.php?topic=561.msg3189

Cheers,
g.

December 20, 2014, 10:32:17 PM
Reply #34

NicoVermeir

• Information
    • My blog
can you tell me what parts I need to just get the IR stuff working on Eden? I want to be able to switch my tv on :)

January 15, 2015, 02:14:36 PM
Reply #35

Bitcraze

• Information
Hi, Gene

Could you mail me the tracking number on the Eden Board you sent me?

Thanks so much,

Eugene

January 23, 2015, 04:05:52 PM
Reply #36

Bitcraze

• Information
Hi, Gene

Have received my Eden board a week ago, thanks so much!

The on-board analogue temperature: The display went from Degrees to Fahrenheit for now reason. What could it be? On latest version and no update done that could cause.

Screenshot attached.

Also, I would like to send temp alerts to my mail. What do I use for "Sensor Name"? I have tried "Temperature" and "MCP3008 CH0", code complaing about the name.

Thanks,

Eugene
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 04:07:44 PM by Bitcraze »

February 02, 2015, 07:44:27 AM
Reply #37

Bitcraze

• Information
Hi, Gene

The Fahrenheit / Celsius seemed to sort itself out after reboot of RPI.

I just need some advice regrading the "Sensor Name" still.

Thanks,

Eugene

February 27, 2015, 03:49:06 AM
Reply #38

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
People listed here will get Eden Sensor Board:

- dani
- bkenobi
- NicoVermeir
- mvdarend
- Automate

jarrettv: the board is not compatible with Beagle Bone.
mvdarend: the board works on BPi but currently IR transceiver driver is not available for BPi

I'll post a message here when I'll get boards ready for shipping (still waiting them to arrive from china).

Cheers.
g.
Offer still there?   8)

I am playing with 433MHz receiving and realized that my board (as well as all others) run 5v logic which Raspi doesn't.  I was going to use an arduino nano, but if eden plugs right in and is already in code, that's much easier!  I could also play with sprinklers and thermostat potentially!

February 27, 2015, 09:33:30 AM
Reply #39

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Offer still there?   8)

I am playing with 433MHz receiving and realized that my board (as well as all others) run 5v logic which Raspi doesn't.  I was going to use an arduino nano, but if eden plugs right in and is already in code, that's much easier!  I could also play with sprinklers and thermostat potentially!

yes I've one EdenV1 board already assembled, plus I can also include the EdenV2 board (old revision - not assembled) that gives extra GPIOs when fitted on RPi+/2.
EdenV2 can run both 3V3 and 5V logic (by plugging arduino pro mini on it). The only difference of EdenV2 old rev with the newer rev is that the IR transceiver can only be used from Raspberry and not from arduino. With newest revision you have a jumper that let you switch routing of IR from rpi to arduino

g.

Eden Sensor Board V2

February 27, 2015, 04:59:14 PM
Reply #40

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I have a couple Nano V3 in shipment, but it looks like I need to get the Pro Mini for it to work with the Eden board.  It looks like the Raspi GPIO is covered by the shield.  Did you use long pins so they are available on top of Eden as well?  I'll PM my address and what not.

February 27, 2015, 05:49:30 PM
Reply #41

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
It looks like the documentation suggests V2 can use both 3v3 and 5v logic with the addition of a converter board.  But you said
EdenV2 can run both 3V3 and 5V logic (by plugging arduino pro mini on it).

Just trying to figure out what will need to be sourced to make things work.

February 28, 2015, 03:49:49 PM
Reply #42

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
EdenV2 can run both 3V3 and 5V logic (by plugging arduino pro mini on it).

well I am obviously mistaken on that. You still need a logic level converter as Arduino Pro Mini 3V3 cannot get 5V logic, though it is powered with 5V (it has a voltage regulator for that).

I have a couple Nano V3 in shipment, but it looks like I need to get the Pro Mini for it to work with the Eden board.  It looks like the Raspi GPIO is covered by the shield.  Did you use long pins so they are available on top of Eden as well?  I'll PM my address and what not.

Since I am sending you mainly EdenV1, you don't need Arduino for it. The EdenV2 board I'm also including is just a souvenir that you may not use at all.
GPIOs are not "covered", they are mode available through various pin pads (eg. see the right side of the board).

Anyway, see these links, it may be of some use for you:

http://www.ba0sh1.com/tutorial-3-3v-hacking-for-arduino-nano/
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=16846.msg122606#msg122606

Please note, as I don't understand much of electronics, please double check things  :)

g.

March 02, 2015, 06:32:18 PM
Reply #43

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Ahhh, ok.  I wasn't seeing where the logic level shift in Eden was so I assumed a typo.  I'm still slogging through many forums/posts/blogs/tutorials to find a good method to get 433MHz signals from my power meter into HG.  The hard part right now is even reliably reading the signals via RF as the modules I have only pick up ~50% of the packets.  Once I get 100% packets, I'll be able to look at 433->Arduino-> Raspi, 433->Eden->Raspi, 433->Raspi, etc.  Logic level shifting tests appear to have burned one of my receiver boards, so I may be ordering more soon.   ;)

March 07, 2015, 12:19:25 PM
Reply #44

NicoVermeir

• Information
    • My blog
finally got around to finishing my eden board. when I add the temperature module to HG it keeps reporting raw value 0. anything I can do to troubleshoot this?