more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Voice commands?  (Read 859 times)

January 01, 2016, 01:48:05 PM
Read 859 times

DesktopMasters

• Information
Greetings!

So while using the phone app "HomeGenie Pro" I decided to use the voice commands.  If I do "light name" + "off" it works.  However, if I want to set the brightness to 50% that does not.  Is there a document somewhere that outlines exactly what can and cannot be used with the voice commands and how they are structured?

~ Merlin
~ Merlin

January 01, 2016, 04:49:59 PM
Reply #1

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
Voice commands are configured in the LINGO file:

https://github.com/genielabs/HomeGenie/blob/master/BaseFiles/Common/html/locales/en.lingo.json

by modifying this file one could add new command mappings or improve existing ones.
Commands can be issued within a natural speech sentence like:

Please set the level of all lights in the living room to 50 and then turn off the porch light

Cheers,
g.

January 01, 2016, 04:57:18 PM
Reply #2

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
UPDATE: it seems that there's a bug with the level command. The command is sent, but with an empty value.
I'll look into fixing this.

g.

January 01, 2016, 05:00:53 PM
Reply #3

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer

January 01, 2016, 10:25:06 PM
Reply #4

DesktopMasters

• Information
I love that you had the sense to actually *check* the level to see if it would work.  That says a lot about how your mind works.  (:  I have dealt with a lot of programmers in my day and you defiantly seem like one of the better ones.  On you quick start (in the manual) it seems logical that the words "Voice Commands" should link out to a manual page that outlines this file and your above original response.

Also, I got a bit lost on the applying configurations to widgets/devices.  But also I think that might be because something is broken.  I will be making a new post to cover that.  (:

Thank you!
I will wait till I see the voice command arguments are fixed in the changelog before I continue fooling with this feature.

~ Merlin

~ Merlin