more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Generic Thermostat APP  (Read 20455 times)

January 02, 2015, 02:25:39 PM
Reply #60

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi Gene,

I found one issue with Generic Thermostat.
When we change the thermostat mode from Off to Heat and vice-versa, sometimes we get one or several messages in the activity log HG. I can't define why, when look at yhe source code in JSON.
More we change the mode and more we get messages for one button click !!!
You can look at the attached log file.

Happy new year and Cheers
Dani

January 02, 2015, 02:49:11 PM
Reply #61

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
I've made some little testing, even restarting the Generic Thermostat app a few times, but the log is consistent and no repeated events appears.

Cheers,
g.

January 02, 2015, 03:49:24 PM
Reply #62

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
But I am using the module Activity Log of bkenobi which is interresting.
I don't inderstand why it repeats log text with thermostat generic use ?
This module intercepts events WhenParameterIsChanging.

January 18, 2015, 09:43:09 PM
Reply #63

AutoBob

• Information
Hello Dani,

I'm interested in your Generic Thermostat enhancements, where could I find them (github?) ?

I have a project to have a 5 thermostats, one per area in the house and getting Temperature/Humidity/Batt Level remotely from my JeeNode modules. I used the "Serial Port I/O test" (as start point) to read the data sent to the JeeLink connected to my RPi and created 5 Virtual Thermostats which I update from there.

I find very interesting the Calendar additional predefined temperature settings. I would need to add humidity and batt level on the widget. Then it's displaying in Fahrenheit the Celsius temperature I assign to the sensor value, there a parameter should define C or F.

This project is really triggering my enthusiasm and I would be happy to contribute (which will be challenging as I come from the Java world, and start discovering C# with this wonderful project).

Then I have an additional question on the Thermostat, it seems linked much to Zwave controller. I don't use one, only my JeeLink, do I need to develop some specific features in the serial port program, to be able to use correctly the Thermostat ?

And last question, do the thermostat implement a hysteresis (start heat below, stop heat above) kind of setting ?

That's enough for now.
Thanks for any coming answers.

My GitHub fork is https://github.com/gitbjo/HomeGenie.
I already sent a pull request with a little contribution for the RPi GPIO Program.

Best Regards,
AutoBob.
AutoBob.

January 19, 2015, 05:47:49 AM
Reply #64

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hello AutoBob,

The project has move to this topic : http://www.homegenie.it/forum/index.php?topic=591.0
I agree your requests and will had Humidity and battery level in the virtual device from phisical device.
For using JeeLink, if your device use the common therms of HG (Domain and address), it will work.
For vthe sensor I am using ZWave Sensor on one network RaspPI and for the switch I am using GPIO on an other network RaspPI.

Cheers
Dani
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 05:53:15 AM by dani »

January 19, 2015, 10:32:59 AM
Reply #65

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi AutoBob,

At that link    http://www.homegenie.it/forum/index.php?topic=591.msg3817#msg3817
you can find all new files of my modules and widgets.
It's include your wishes Humidity and battery level from phisycal unit.
Any requests or questions please post it in the other specific Post. Thank's

Cheers
Dani

April 03, 2015, 10:01:16 PM
Reply #66

at2tech

• Information
app works correctly can control heat and air issue is that setpoint temps are not correct and dont change after adjusting them..?

September 03, 2016, 03:12:54 AM
Reply #67

kilo

• Information
Hello.
So after almost 2 years, has the thermostat feature been fixed?  I had the latest version of HG installed a few weeks ago and the thermostat widget and only heat showing function was still there as in the beginning.
If so, can someone direct me to the correct documents on getting the thermostat function working properly.
I have 2 Honeywell zwave thermostats that I would love to integrate with HG.

thanks

April 22, 2017, 04:06:47 AM
Reply #68

kilo

• Information
Oh well.  No reply still.  If this feature worked right out of the box for the Honeywell zwave thermostats, this would be a real seller for me.  Others set up the thermostat correctly.  This one only sets up heating and still does not control the thermostat.
Ill check back in a few more months

April 24, 2017, 07:42:04 PM
Reply #69

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I never tried this feature as the Honeywell thermostat that works with my system is no longer sold.  If I find one, I'll be interested in using this but that seems unlikely due to availability.