more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Fibaro smoke sensor & HG  (Read 3770 times)

April 04, 2014, 08:46:10 PM
Read 3770 times

dad57

• Information
Hi all,

I'd like to know how to configure Fibaro FGSS-001 on HG?
There is no "smoke sensor" in the drop down menu.

Thanks a lot

April 04, 2014, 09:03:22 PM
Reply #1

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
Configure it as Sensor.
It's just a matter of icon, in the future more will be added, perhaps let user customize it.
I am not sure if fibaro smoke sensor is well supported though. Let me know.

g.

August 18, 2014, 12:05:09 PM
Reply #2

codenea

• Information
Hi,

Is there any support for the Fibaro smoke detector? Is it possible to trigger the siren in case of motion (if another motion detector detects a presence)?

August 19, 2014, 07:33:55 AM
Reply #3

mvdarend

• Information
Is there any support for the Fibaro smoke detector? Is it possible to trigger the siren in case of motion (if another motion detector detects a presence)?

I asked Fibaro this question by email, unfortunately this is not possible, here is their reply:
It is not possible to activate the sirens in smoke sensors from a central unit. Each smoke sensor can generate the sound alarm if it detects smoke, but it is not possible to relate them as you have described above.

August 19, 2014, 05:00:21 PM
Reply #4

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I don't know anything about that smoke detector, but it seems odd that this isn't possible.  There are a number of models I have noticed recently that can repeat an alarm should a different detector sense smoke/carbon monoxide/heat.  Ironic that a "smart" smoke detector is dumber than the "dumb" models.

November 03, 2014, 09:35:56 AM
Reply #5

mvdarend

• Information
I don't know anything about that smoke detector, but it seems odd that this isn't possible.  There are a number of models I have noticed recently that can repeat an alarm should a different detector sense smoke/carbon monoxide/heat.  Ironic that a "smart" smoke detector is dumber than the "dumb" models.
I think it's because the Fibaro smoke detector is basically asleep most of the time, and not listening for commands.

I've ordered some Rfx433 smoke detectors, hoping to get them sometime this week. These detectors communicate with each other and can be triggered from an external source.

Edit: They need four batteries though, one 9volt block and three AAA batteries for the receiver. Apparently the batteries only last one year, this is probably why the Fibaro doesn't support listening.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 09:37:34 AM by mvdarend »

November 04, 2014, 01:01:21 AM
Reply #6

RoChess

• Information
Lot of battery Z-Wave modules seem to reduce things down to once every 4 minutes or less. Even when lowering the variable ID setting it can refuse to accept it (such as the Aeon-Labs 4-in-1 sensors I got). Changing the value can be extremly tricky as well, as the module needs to be awake for this. On the Aeon one the manual states to press Z-Wave button 3x fast to keep it awake for 10 minutes, but this failed for me as well. Finally in a desperate move I pushed the little button on the sensor right after sending the variable update and that's when it finally accepted it when I double-checked via "Get".

October 23, 2015, 06:37:48 PM
Reply #7

mvdarend

• Information
For anyone interested in a Fibaro Smoke Sensor, Amazon.it are selling them cheap:
http://www.amazon.it/Fibaro-Z-Wave-Rivelatore-di-fumo/dp/B00HRE0MCI/ref=pd_sim_60_8?ie=UTF8&refRID=0Q06XZ2XPN8WAJ22S7ED

I ordered four of them and they work fine in HomeGenie.