more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Strange Z-Wave Device behavior  (Read 1881 times)

January 09, 2015, 04:04:40 PM
Read 1881 times

RichieC

• Information
Just wondering if anyone has any idea about what is happening here and how to fix it!

I have several Z-Wave devices, 6x 3-in-1 motion detectors and 5x tz68 applicance switch/modules and everything works great with homegenie. However if one of the tz68 modules in particular is unplugged from the wall socket all of the other tz68s stop working!

If i then switch one of the other tz68 modules on/off by pressing its button, it's status is updated in homegenie but i am unable to switch them on/off using their homegeine widgets. If i plug the other tz68 back in to the wall socket everything then works fine again!

It's seems as though the other tz68s are using this one particular unit as a routing node or something??

Anyone have any ideas?

Richie

January 09, 2015, 04:31:08 PM
Reply #1

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I don't do zwave, but I believe they all act as repeaters to make the network more reliable.  Is it possible that the one module you are disconnecting is the closest to the HG server/zwave adapter?  If so, then perhaps the other devices are all at the edge of the maximum range so that one device is needed to make a reliable connection to the adapter?

January 09, 2015, 11:14:20 PM
Reply #2

RichieC

• Information
They do all act as repeaters, but the module in question is not the closest to the server or to the other modules. In fact i only recently added it to switch the Christmas Lights outside my house on and off. Now that Christmas is over i removed the module and all of the other modules stopped working, even though they all worked fine before without it! Now i've had to plug it back in to get everything working again.

I'm just wondering if theres a way to get Z-Wave modules to rediscover the nodes and map the routing nodes etc.

January 10, 2015, 03:08:01 AM
Reply #3

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Sorry, that's way beyond my knowledge of the system.  I'll keep watching this thread since I may add zwave down the road as prices come down (hopefully) due to larger market penetration.

January 12, 2015, 05:50:10 PM
Reply #4

akcoder

• Information
I don't have the interface in front of me to give you the exact directions, but if you go into the maintenance screen, one of the options is repair network. If I remember correctly, this will cause the zwave devices to remap the nodes.

January 14, 2015, 10:52:12 AM
Reply #5

RichieC

• Information
I don't have the interface in front of me to give you the exact directions, but if you go into the maintenance screen, one of the options is repair network. If I remember correctly, this will cause the zwave devices to remap the nodes.

Is this in HomeGenie? I can't find that option anywhere...

January 14, 2015, 09:48:59 PM
Reply #6

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi,
You can find in : "Configure" -> "Maintenance and Updates" -> "Remote Modules Routing".
Bye