more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Dimmer history reset  (Read 825 times)

March 29, 2017, 12:05:02 AM
Read 825 times

IanR

• Information
Hello
I have a program that I use with my zwave dimmers at 10 % at night, but the next time I switch them on the dimmer gose back to 10% is there a way to reset the modules memory to 100% without the light being on. So the next time it is used it will come on at 100%?
IanR

March 29, 2017, 12:09:30 AM
Reply #1

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I don't know about zwave but this is not possible with X10.  If you have the app that remembers the last light state set, it will turn on to 10% if that's where it was last time.  If you have the app that turns on a module to 100% every time, it will not remember the 10% state which may be what you want.  I don't know how this will function when turning on a light.  It may turn on to 10% and then continue up to 100%.  It might also turn on to 100%, down to 10%, then back up to 100% (depending on what apps you have enabled...unlikely this will happen).

March 29, 2017, 08:43:23 AM
Reply #2

IanR

• Information
Hello
I have not got the memory app on, there dose not seam to be a zwave 100% app as far as I can see, but i have tried to make one and it works but not if the level has been set by an other app. The Light modules seem to remember the last level themselves.
I think I may have to reset the history in the light module but I dont know how to do this or even if i can.
Thank you
IanR

March 29, 2017, 05:22:32 PM
Reply #3

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Zwave devices may be able to remember their last dim level.  X10 modules can be controlled locally and that includes local dimming.  When the module is controlled locally, HG does not know what state it's in as it does not do 2-way communication (outside of the few rare ones that do).  As a result, if HG doesn't know a light is dimmed, it will assume it's at the last level HG set it at.  The "100% ON" and "last level" apps were put together to get things back in sync.  I'd recommend doing something like that in your case unless there's a way to pole for the module's state.

March 30, 2017, 12:37:29 AM
Reply #4

IanR

• Information
Hello
by bad.
I have found the error it was in my night code I returned false instead of returning true.

but now it is returning to 100% all the time even when the program asked for 10% so I now need a programmatic way of disabling another program or setting a variable in the module that can be read by another program so if set by night program the 100% dose not change the value any ideas?

IanR

April 03, 2017, 05:56:25 PM
Reply #5

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
You could read the value of a parameter to check if you want to run your code.  That parameter could be in the other code or it could be in the module itself.  I have checks within a single code to determine if I want to override a timer or not.  If I turn off a light manually, it will disable a timer if one is running.  If I double tap the switch, it will set a timer.  This might be applicable to your needs.  Check the ASL code in my signature.

April 07, 2017, 10:05:44 PM
Reply #6

Bounz

• Information
In my setup, I have a program that runs on schedule and sets the maximum value for dimmer, so at night it's maximum is 5%, and during the day - 100%.
But is's inconvenient as it's impossible to turn light at 100% at night if I need to do so.
I'm going to rewrite the app to be able to override settings using the second button of the wall switch.

April 12, 2017, 12:54:00 AM
Reply #7

IanR

• Information
Hello
Thanks guys for the ideas I think I have managed to set a variable in the module but using the scheduler to reset to 100% in the morning is good as I am still having some reliability issues with my program. So belt and braces.
Thank you the ideas.
IanR

April 12, 2017, 05:07:44 PM
Reply #8

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Glad you got it working!