more G-Labs products

Author Topic: My use of HG  (Read 2978 times)

December 12, 2014, 10:56:44 PM
Read 2978 times

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi,

I start to use HG in December 2013. I first need an alarm system quickly because we have a sign on your letter box (that sign let think of thief have target your house to be burgled).

I was searching for a system and i don't really have a good knowledge of domotics and alarms. I found 2 programs : domoticz and HomeGenie. HomeGenie had a build-in alarm system and windows phone app, so that was the 2 reasons to choose :).

I buy some zwave device (one siren, one motion sensor, one door sensor, and 2 command) and raspberry pi/Zstick to achieve. And the alarm system was ready, and we can go in holiday :).

I do a lot of upgrade in 2014 and lot of test, i spend a lot of time to understand and that satisfy my curiosity :). But not only, i have some stress with some fault positifs alert (due to less stable HG and one device which doesn't like freeze). That's the problem of all home made system ;).

Now, my alarm system (create quickly) is bigger with some new "alarm" devices and too "domotic" devices. I control 2 lights and 3 shutter with HG and i imagine to do more (but the equipment are expensive ;)). But not only, HG interface with :

Today, i don't regret my choice of HG, for additional reasons (than the begging):
  • I have the feeling to be part of HG (with the constructive exchange / thanks Gene and the others)
  • Practice of English (hard but a good way :))
  • A stable and useful software

Thanks Gene to listening/understand/take into account the request. Next step try to develop more ;)... or not :)

This story is a little bit hard for me to write in English be indulgent.
Bye

December 14, 2014, 07:12:58 PM
Reply #1

mvdarend

• Information
Thanks for sharing nolio! Nice to read about how others got started with HomeGenie.

Good idea for adding this category as well, I'd been thinking about sharing my ideas and setup to see if others could help me improve it and add their own ideas. I'll try to get something in here this week.