more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Fibaro FGS-221  (Read 13400 times)

February 24, 2015, 04:27:48 PM
Reply #30

Bemie

• Information
Dear Nolio,
Thanks for reaching out. I really appreciate it.

I know for sure I have the fgs 221 version. I did a typing error in my previous post. I have corrected it. My apologizes.
I have built http://www.domotique-fibaro.fr/uploads/gallery/album_99/sml_gallery_513_99_57952.png exactly the same with separate power.

I installed hardware and used the pepper db to get the initialization right. As a result it correctly switches through the virtual switches. And it correctly switches locally through the hardware switch (S1 and S2). However, the hardware switches are not triggering an update to Homegenie.

I tried the hgx of Gene in this thread as well. They do work, however they are not updating my other two virtual switches (an action within the sub menu of xx is not updating either xx.1 or xx.2). And they too are not updated by hardware switching locally.

I have made a log. Between 3:50:03.711 - 3:50:34.733 I did hardware switching (I turned them on). And I turned them off again through software. Hope you understand what I am trying to explain to you. Any tip hint or help is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

February 24, 2015, 11:33:09 PM
Reply #31

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Ok that's clear.
I didn't use a lot the physical switch but i will do some try on my side.

February 25, 2015, 08:15:59 PM
Reply #32

Bemie

• Information
Thank you for your reply.
If you could inform me whether it does work for you, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

February 25, 2015, 08:57:06 PM
Reply #33

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I try. It seems to didn't work for me too.
So i launch HG in command line (to see the z-wave message) and after i can't reproduce again (so all work fine) ...
And i launch again HG without command line and still work ...

So finally it work fine for me ... ;)

You have 3 device "7", "7.1", "7.2", did your "7" is updated ?

February 25, 2015, 10:25:13 PM
Reply #34

Bemie

• Information
Dear Nolio,
Thank you for your reply.
Please be patient with me (an old guy learning here), but what do you mean with HG in command line.
I use windows, and from a cmd line (dos environment) what program do you want me to start ? (sorry for the dumb question, but I do not know how to, but understand the purpose) Could you please help me out what it is you want me to type to get this zwave logs. (I tried some things but I must do something wrong, do I need to add a switch command?)

And to anwser your question: I updated 7.1 and 7.2 with help of Homegenie and Pepper db. When I noticed it was not working with the local physical switch I used the hgx from Gene (earlier in the thread). The 7 came to existence when I installed the hgx program from Gene. In it is a sub option to control ' main' , '1' or '2' either 'on' or 'off'. It is therefore almost the same as the seperated 7.1 and 7.2 with the exception to turn of the whole device. So the 7.x are all refering to the same 01 and 02 of the same fgs-221.

Do you think it is a bug, or did I do something wrong. I am getting a Raspberry Pi tomorrow, I will try it with that as well.

Again, thank you for helping.

February 25, 2015, 11:14:52 PM
Reply #35

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I use windows, and from a cmd line (dos environment) what program do you want me to start ? (sorry for the dumb question, but I do not know how to, but understand the purpose) Could you please help me out what it is you want me to type to get this zwave logs. (I tried some things but I must do something wrong, do I need to add a switch command?)
I have never use HG on windows, so i don't know. But you can wait to try on raspberry.
With the raspberry image :
  • Stop HG : "/etc/init.d/homegenie stop"
  • Launch in command line : "mono /usr/local/bin/homegenie/HomeGenie.exe"
Code: [Select]
And to anwser your question: I updated 7.1 and 7.2 with help of Homegenie and Pepper db. When I noticed it was not working with the local physical switch I used the hgx from Gene (earlier in the thread). The 7 came to existence when I installed the hgx program from Gene. In it is a sub option to control ' main' , '1' or '2' either 'on' or 'off'. It is therefore almost the same as the seperated 7.1 and 7.2 with the exception to turn of the whole device. So the 7.x are all refering to the same 01 and 02 of the same fgs-221.
A little bit weird, you have 3 time "on" on your "7" device ...
Wait and see, your raspberry install (with some luck), it will be better ...

February 26, 2015, 08:35:19 AM
Reply #36

Bemie

• Information
Dear Nolio,
Thank you for the quick reply. I appreciate your help and patience.
I will keep you informed.

February 26, 2015, 04:44:04 PM
Reply #37

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I didn't read the whole thread again, but I believe the question was how to start HG with the full output for debugging within Windows.

• Select HG icon in task tray and "stop service"
  • Start command prompt
  • Navigate to HG directory "C:\Program Files\HomeGenie" IIRC
  • Start HG "HomeGenie.exe"

That's it!  The output/debug info will be printed to the command prompt window.  You can also redirect the output to a file if you want to have it saved or you aren't watching it all the time (looking for an error at some point in time for example).  To do that, just start HG like this:

Code: [Select]
HomeGenie.exe > mono.log

February 27, 2015, 07:25:40 AM
Reply #38

Bemie

• Information
Dear Bkenobi,
Thank you for your time and response. I will play with it.