more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Anyone who has @sunset working in a scheduled on/off module- pls help!  (Read 889 times)

January 07, 2016, 03:16:55 AM
Read 889 times

kevinvinv

• Information
Hello,

I have tried numerous times to get @sunset and equivalent to work in a module that is set as scheduled on/off.

I don't know what I am missing,  it doesn't seem too difficult but if you have such a thing working and could spare a few minutes,  I'd appreciate it!!!

January 07, 2016, 07:00:29 AM
Reply #1

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
This turns lights on in the morning and at dusk and turns them off at dawn and at night.

ON:
Code: [Select]
(30 5 * 1-4,8-12 *;@Weekdays;* * * 1-5,8-12 *):(@SolarAltitude.Evening.Sunset.Start;* * * 1-5,8-12 *)
OFF:
Code: [Select]
(@SolarAltitude.Morning.Sunrise.End:30 22 * * *)

January 07, 2016, 09:25:29 AM
Reply #2

codedmind

• Information
DO you have weather underground working?
The @sunset variable is set with the weatger widget... i don't have the variable working because the widget isn't working...

January 07, 2016, 02:46:58 PM
Reply #3

kevinvinv

• Information
OK thanks.  I do have weather underground working I think but I didn't know that it was used to set @sunset anyway... so thanks.

I do have SolarAltitude but I thought the variable name was @Morning.Sunset.Start   not   @SolarAltitdue.Morning.Sunset.Start   .... so hopefully things will work now.

Thanks for the help.  I was close to giving up on this thing.   :)

January 07, 2016, 04:13:18 PM
Reply #4

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I think I may have posted the wrong string before.  But, this syntax is working for me and has been for ages.  If you set up SolarAltitude and use my exact inputs for ON and OFF, you will see the following:

ON:
5:30AM August 1-April 30
Sunset August 1-May 31

OFF:
Sunrise
10:30PM

Where I live, sunrise is before 5:30AM and sunset is after 10:30PM so I disable the light so it's not turning on after it should be off.