more G-Labs products

Author Topic: No event from Aeon labs Door/window sensor  (Read 1196 times)

April 07, 2015, 05:53:36 PM
Read 1196 times

z-wave

• Information
Hi,
I try to use the Aeon labs Door/window switch (DSB29-ZWEU 2:nd edition) together with their USB Z-Wave stick. The HomeGenie finds the USB stick fine, the door sensor pairs very well.
So far so good...

The problem is that no event fires when the switch changes state, I don't find anything in the log either. Their is a button inside the sensor, I use that button to pair the sensor. With that button It also looks like the sensor reports the status when it's already paired, that's the only time I get the event.

When I read the value manually in the sensor page it quite often reports timeout, but even when it reads the value successfully no sensor changes is fired.

Tested with the master: 91b68e9f2847b32b6188efd06d295f769d2f0f0f

Does anyone have a clue?

------
Update:
I looked around for other solution to see if that gave me more luck.
Downloaded and built the C++ library https://github.com/OpenZWave/open-zwave. When I started the sample app it stated that the sensor was marked as asleep. I just pushed the button on the sensor and the sensor report it states just like it did for HomeGenies. But then the sensor worked as expected!!

I switched back to HomeGenius and the sensor still worked as expected!!?
Both the magnetic switch and the tamper switch.

Was it something HomeGenius didn't understand in the protocol or was it something in the sensor that was not set properly, I have no clue! So right now I don't have any problems, If it happens again or I get the same problem with the next sensor I can try to find the root cause, but then I would appreciate if someone helped me out with the debugging.

Still if anyone else have similar problem or a solution, please let me know!

April 07, 2015, 08:58:39 PM
Reply #1

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi,
You can try to launch HomeGenie in command line, on raspberry :
Code: [Select]
sudo mono /usr/local/bin/homegenie/HomeGenie.exeAnd take a look at the zwave message, perhaps someone is not handle or lost ....
Bye

May 05, 2015, 03:51:04 PM
Reply #2

Bemie

• Information
Hi,
I have the exact same problem, but am not a die hard on programming or ICT, so I do not understand your solution.

The problem I encounter is that the door switch triggers the alarm with a status level 1. But the tamperswitch not, with a trigger it returns in every state status level 0. The security app does not get triggered on it, but weirdly enough it does see whether it is tampered. I will run a logging next time.

Kind regards,
Bemie
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 08:07:34 PM by Bemie »