more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Z-wave unstable  (Read 1180 times)

October 10, 2016, 09:08:47 PM
Read 1180 times

pim555

• Information
Hi All,

I am using HG for quite some time now in a system that runs on RPI + Razberry and CM15 (X10). Although it looks like Gene is not very active anymore, and thereby support is limited, HG still works ok for me except 2 things:

- every now and then, HG does not see my Z-wave devices anymore. Reset, discovery, heal all does not resolve the issue and the only option seems to be to re-assign all Z-wave devices which is a lot of work.
- some Z-wave devices are not recognized properly (eg Fibaro dimmer).

I was wondering if anyone know how to deal with the above otherwise I am seriously considering to move to a (commercial) home automation system.

Pim

October 11, 2016, 04:52:11 PM
Reply #1

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi,
- every now and then, HG does not see my Z-wave devices anymore. Reset, discovery, heal all does not resolve the issue and the only option seems to be to re-assign all Z-wave devices which is a lot of work.
No problem like this on my side...
- some Z-wave devices are not recognized properly (eg Fibaro dimmer).
My fgd211 is well recognized.. Did you do a manual get on the configuration on the device ?

October 13, 2016, 10:00:00 PM
Reply #2

pim555

• Information
Hi Nolio,

It is a FGD 212 that I am using and it continuously gives me timeouts. Seems like it recognizes the device but when trying to discover more information, it gives timeout.

Pim

October 14, 2016, 06:14:33 PM
Reply #3

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Can you try to exclude and include again if don't.

October 14, 2016, 10:31:24 PM
Reply #4

pim555

• Information
I did that multiple times already. I have the feeling that it takes too long to read all configuration options (I guess that the FGD-212 has more configuration options than FGD-2122).

October 14, 2016, 10:58:59 PM
Reply #5

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
HG doesn't read all modules configuration options at first. For read all parameters of a module you need to make yourself by setup screen.

October 17, 2016, 10:37:25 AM
Reply #6

pim555

• Information
In that case something else is causing the issue as I get timeouts. Below is a bit more detail from earlier this year.

http://www.homegenie.it/forum/index.php?topic=1432.msg9537#msg9537

January 04, 2017, 09:59:07 PM
Reply #7

pim555

• Information
See the other topic...I tried again to include/exclude but now with the controller (RPI + Razberry board) close to the switch as I was hoping that caused the issue but no change.

I can include/exclude the dimmer but when trying to read configuration parameters in the set-up screen of the zwave device I get timeouts and parameters do not show.