more G-Labs products

Author Topic: android client suddenly wont connect to raspi  (Read 1263 times)

December 18, 2015, 11:58:01 PM
Read 1263 times

kimnach

• Information
    • kimnach dot org
a couple of nights ago i used the android app (free version) to control some of my lights.  about 20 minutes later i got a pop-up (never saw it in a year's use) along the line of "uh-oh.  home genie could not connect to service.  check user name password."  i rebooted the phone to no avail.  i then tried to enter the username & password.  that didn't work; however, selecting the soft administrative option, i was able to connect to the web server on the pi.  (note, at no point have i had trouble connecting with my chromebook or via a browser on my win7 machine.)

thinking that the android client was corrupted, i uninstalled and reinstalled it.  same issue.  i then uninstalled it and a couple of days later (just a few minutes ago) i purchased the full version of the android client.  entering the  ip address (with and without the port number) does not work and, while the discovery mode sees the ip address, it fails to connect.

how to overcome this issue?

December 19, 2015, 12:19:36 AM
Reply #1

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi kimnach,

this could be a data deserialization issue in the new android client library (updated in both HG android clients).
To help fixing this issue please send the output of these two API calls to the HG support email (support at homegenie dot it):

http://<hg_server_address>/api/HomeAutomation.HomeGenie/Config/Modules.List/
http://<hg_server_address>/api/HomeAutomation.HomeGenie/Config/Groups.List/

or send the modules.xml and groups.xml files you will find in the main homegenie server directory.

In the email be sure to include setup informations such as homegenie server and operating system version, android device/version used to connect.

Also, as a verification, try to connect to homegenie on a fresh install (without restoring your current configuration, just using the default factory config) to see if android clients are able to connect.

Cheers,
g.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 12:23:15 AM by Gene »

December 22, 2015, 11:06:26 PM
Reply #2

kimnach

• Information
    • kimnach dot org
gene,

here are the files.

thanks for your help.
greg

December 23, 2015, 12:04:18 AM
Reply #3

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
It looks like you're using an old version of HG server since the groups list is missing the "Wallpaper" field. Upgrade to latest HG server to fix the issue:

http://genielabs.github.io/HomeGenie/download.html

Anyway I'll add backward compatibility check on this field in next Android clients releases.

Cheers,
g.

December 23, 2015, 04:48:38 PM
Reply #4

kimnach

• Information
    • kimnach dot org
that did the trick.

however, i should mention that i did upgrade to the latest version a couple of weeks earlier but then rolled back, because the sc9000 virtual modules were missing in the config options for x10.   strange, it is there now.

thanks again.
greg

December 23, 2015, 05:05:02 PM
Reply #5

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi kimnach,

the SC9000 app is not needed anymore as the security codes/modules are now built-in in X10 interface. X10 security modules will appear as soon as a signal is received from those.

Cheers,
g.