more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Need Guidance - Begineer  (Read 989 times)

March 28, 2016, 06:41:57 AM
Read 989 times

venno

• Information
Hi

I have just started with HA and have HG running on pi 2 with an Aeon Gen5 usb zwave stick.

So far my Aeon multisensors have come up successfully and I have had a mixed success with Fibaro universal sensor. The fibaro units contain all the correct info within the parameters, the 2 binary sensors and additional chain of temp sensors, but the widget only displays one of the temps and neither of the 2 digital inputs.

How do you edit the specific widget instance, not the whole class, to show the parameters you want displayed?

I also have a Yale door lock that is getting correctly added and detected but I cannot control it or see its variables/parameters, after adding it keeps getting timeout errors. Do door locks work in HG?

March 28, 2016, 01:48:43 PM
Reply #1

kevin1

• Information
I had not seen this universal sensor before.  Since it is rather unique, I think you will have to create a new widget for it.  Some devices like thermostat have a widget that shows more information as the data is read. 

Maybe you could add some code to poll the fibaro if the data is not being transmitted automaticaly?  I was doing this with my CT100 thermostat, but stopped because I thought it might be causing too much traffic/delays in zwave...
  Net.WebService("http://192.168.1.100/api/HomeAutomation.ZWave/19/Thermostat.FanModeGet").WithCredentials("admin", "PASSWORD").Call();

March 28, 2016, 03:11:37 PM
Reply #2

venno

• Information
Cheers but there is no problem with the detection or adding of the sensor, the data is all their within the parameters/variables. The problem is the widget that gets assigned only displays the basic binary sensor (a tamper alarm i think) and a common temp figure (It seems to be the same as temp sensor 3 reading).

What I need to do is have the widget or a widget display the fields/parameters that I want from within the data that is already being returned.

Can you create your own class or instance of a widget, based on a current widget, and modify it to display what you want within HG?  And if so, how?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 03:13:28 PM by venno »

March 28, 2016, 03:41:39 PM
Reply #3

kevin1

• Information
Just to clarify, is the fibaro actually reporting data in log, or is the device setup screen showing that it supports sending that data (can you post screenshot of this?)?  Also which widget is being used (guessing generic sensor)?  The generic sensor widget will show all types of non-standard data even (see screenshot I have added uptime from my arduinos).  So if the device is sending the data, generic sensor should show it.

As far as extending widgets by inheriting from others, I am not expert in that area.  I have modified existing widgets only.  In code for widgets I do see references to inheriting:
<div data-ui-field="widget" class="ui-overlay-shadow ui-corner-all ui-body-inherit hg-widget-a">

Widget documentation is here: http://genielabs.github.io/HomeGenie/widgets.html

March 28, 2016, 05:17:42 PM
Reply #4

venno

• Information
Yes the widget is the generic sensor one.

The correct values are present in the parameters variables when you investigate the device and they are updating. The binary status for IN1 and IN2 change when the input lines are grounded and a dashboard message pops up stating the correct variable parameter name and reading.

The widget just does not display all this extra information, it only displays the basic binary level (which I think is a tamper variable) and temp reading (which is the 3rd multi level reading for some reason).

cheers for the link on widgets.