more G-Labs products

Author Topic: SmartThings Hub  (Read 686 times)

December 03, 2016, 12:25:00 AM
Read 686 times

GreenWenonah

• Information
Hi everyone,

I have HG running a bunch of X-10 modules that were given to me by an exasperated friend and a couple Z-wave dimmers running on the SmartThings hub.  I've already taught my technophobe wife how to use the HG web interface and would like to integrate the ST hub into HG somehow, presumably through the LAN/WLAN.

After a VERY long break from programing languages, I'm starting to pick-up on Python so I see the possibility of passing signals to and from the ST hub via it's API, which is supposedly open, if I can find a primmer on that.

[RPi B+] running HomeGenie Version 1.1 beta r525

SmartThings Hub v2, US customer Rev E

Bret

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
 --Albert Einstein

December 09, 2016, 07:55:32 PM
Reply #1

tmc4242

• Information
I picked up a SmartThings hub last week when they were on sale.  I have X10 gear now, but was hoping to use the SmartThings hub as a radio to communicate with Z-wave and Zigbee lights and devices.  I have a Z-wave dimmer and 3 of the Cree Zigbee based lights.  So far the Z-wave dimmer is talking to the ST Hub.

I'd love to see a way to get HomeGenie to talk to the hub too.

I'd also like to get Alexa into the setup.  I'm following along another thread on that.  ( not much luck yet... )

Good luck on your project.  I've got gear if you need testers.  I'm a CVI/ LabVIEW developer, but python has been recommended to me by colleagues.  Might be time to give that a spin.