more G-Labs products

Author Topic: New to all this....  (Read 783 times)

October 10, 2015, 05:06:05 PM
Read 783 times

williamkeith

• Information
Hello All,

I am hoping someone on here can help me get this figured out.  I have a Z-Stick model ZW090-A and two smart switches model ZW096-A02.  I have included the 2 switches into the Z-Wave network through the stick.  I ran the IMA from Aeotec and the two switches and the stick show up.  I downloaded homegenie, but can't figure out how to communicate to the switches through the stick.  Is it possible?  Do I need yet another piece of hardware?  I thought if I bought a stick, plugged it into my computer, ran some software (homegenie), I would be able to turn my switches on and off, or monitor the power that I'm using.  I can't...I'm at a loss right now.  I don't want to get a raspberry pi.  I just want the stick to communicate to the switches and have some program with a good UI to where I can schedule on and off or monitor power usage.  Does't seem to be too much to ask  :)  On the homegenie side....I have went to Configure->Settings->ZWave Interface Options to try to add nodes, but the stick won't let me because it's plugged in.  So how do I add the stick and the switches to homegenie?  I also try to add a group and click on the energy monitor but I don't get anything that helps me with my Z-Wave switches and the stick just keeps doing it's thing in the USB port.

I like to think I am pretty smart and can figure most things out, but this has truly stumped me.  Can someone help and walk me through what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks  ;D

October 10, 2015, 09:34:50 PM
Reply #1

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi,
Yes it's possible and the association seems to be fine.
To be sure, can you choose in "Configure->Settings->ZWave Interface" the port of your ZW096-A02 ?
Bye

October 10, 2015, 10:17:16 PM
Reply #2

jon

• Information
Hi, Williamkeith.
Are you running it on windows
Jon