more G-Labs products

Author Topic: ZWave Ecolink Door/Window Sensor  (Read 1367 times)

March 11, 2015, 01:46:45 AM
Read 1367 times

ahill44

• Information
I am having serious range issues with an Ecolink door sensor (with Z-stick controller).  Within about 10-20 feet of the controller, the sensor works fine (reports 0 or 255 depending on state).  However, if I get farther away from the controller, I completely lose communication.  The door where I intended to place the sensor is right next to a connected light switch which works fine and should act as a repeater.  I have contacted Ecolink tech support, and they are as confused as I am.  It is as though the sensor refuses to use any of my current nodes as repeaters.  Any help/advice is appreciated.

March 11, 2015, 05:58:25 PM
Reply #1

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Send it in for a replacement?

March 11, 2015, 08:53:10 PM
Reply #2

RoChess

• Information
I struggled with my Ecolink ECO-DW door sensor at first, until I finally nailed down the proper way to include it. The key is first to ensure it is totally unpaired, and then prevent battery from making contact again by inserting piece of plastic/paper in the slot.

At the location you plan to use it you will have to include it, which either means you have to run quick, or use a portable device.

It now works perfect for me, but you might as indicated by bkenobi simply have a defective unit.

June 24, 2015, 12:58:32 AM
Reply #3

ahill44

• Information
Something happened and I wasn't getting email updates from the forum.  I just started messing with this again, and I did send it in for a replacement and have the exact same issue with the new one.  My controller is the Aeon Labs Z-Stick which is portable, and I tried including it in its final location with the same result.  I'm wondering if a network heal would work.  I know at one point Gene said it was on his to-do list.  Does anybody know the status on that?