more G-Labs products

Author Topic: In-app version update not doing anything?  (Read 1330 times)

May 13, 2014, 10:38:41 PM
Read 1330 times

jefft

• Information
Hi,

I just installed 3.70 on RasPi.

First up, the "About" says that the version is 3.52  :-
When I go into the config page, it tells me that an update, from 3.70 to 3.71, is available.  Ok, so presumably that part of the app thinks it's v3.70  :)  However, when I tell it to "install update", I get the DOWNLOADING message and then it just sits there.  Forever, it appears.  The ZIP file it's pulling from SourceForge appears to be 408KB, so should take a split second to download.  I can't see any processes running that look like file transfers (e.g., wget, ftp, etc).

What's up?  Can I force the update manually from the command line?  Is there something I can do to make the update via the web interface work?

Thanks!

Jeff

May 13, 2014, 10:46:21 PM
Reply #1

jefft

• Information
Hmm... Add to that, I just tried to update the Linux version I had been testing as an alternative.  It was on 3.52 (really).  The update routine downloaded a whole load of version-to-version updates back to 352_358, last thing it said was "DECOMPRESSING" for the 352_358 package and it's been stuck there for 10 minutes now.  Shouldn't take that long to do anything, that Ubuntu machine is a VM with two cores and 2GB!

May 14, 2014, 05:00:31 PM
Reply #2

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
There was some change in the update stuff around r350 (don't remember the exact version).  I don't think you can use the web updater to get past that point.  Instead, I believe you need to install manually.  I know there was an issue with saved backups, too.  There was a mention by Gene of how to fix an older backup to work with the newer version.