more G-Labs products

Author Topic: HomeGenie Plus for Android  (Read 33073 times)

October 26, 2015, 12:59:07 PM
Reply #15

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi KaZe and enterprised I will work on all of your requests.
I like the "auto-skin" idea :)

So let's have a summary of next implementations:

- widgets minimized at start
- generic camera widget
- media renderer and media browser widgets (upnp)
- auto switching day/night skin (perhaps let the user change the colors schema)
- other minor improvements to existing widgets

October 26, 2015, 03:56:27 PM
Reply #16

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Not to belabor the point, but something that should be noted about charging for apps is when someone has multiple devices on different accounts, they cannot install the app on all devices.

For instance, I have a phone and my wife has a phone and tablet.  If I want to use my phone and her tablet as the primary means to interact with HG via the plus app, I would have to either move the tablet to my account, purchase a new tablet, or purchase the app 2x.  This is more of a criticism of the way the Play store works than of the decision to charge, but it's something I've had an issue with in the past (with a media player app) and something I've have to consider when selecting which app to go with in general.

October 26, 2015, 04:08:36 PM
Reply #17

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi bkenobi,

I didn't think about this... what price would sound like a fair one for multiple installations?

October 26, 2015, 04:10:34 PM
Reply #18

kevin1

• Information
You can connect multiple Play accounts on each device, and only sync the app purchases.  So one way would be to have a family Play account just for buying/sharing apps.

October 26, 2015, 04:18:44 PM
Reply #19

mvdarend

• Information
You can connect multiple Play accounts on each device, and only sync the app purchases.  So one way would be to have a family Play account just for buying/sharing apps.
That's exactly how I have it setup for the kids. They each have their own account, plus we have one shared account, the shared account is added to their tablets as a 'sub-account'. I then use the shared account to purchase Apps which they can then all use, works fine.

Edit
: BTW thanks for adding the swiping of groups, works great.

October 26, 2015, 07:36:18 PM
Reply #20

at2tech

• Information
installed app and it looks great however I still have the same issue that I did with the free version. No control of thermostat. Shows current temp and allows control of mode and fan but no control of set points which despite being set to Fahrenheit show in Celsius.

October 26, 2015, 08:13:13 PM
Reply #21

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
hi at2tech,

this is definitely something that needs to be fixed. Can you give further informations about your configuration and perhaps z-wave logs?
You can change the display unit from the preference page of the client (click the gear button in the upper corner).

October 26, 2015, 08:19:20 PM
Reply #22

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I thought you could only have a single account for a device.  I wasn't aware that you could have multiple at the same time.  I'll look into that option, thanks.

October 26, 2015, 10:37:41 PM
Reply #23

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Until Android 5 you can create multiple account on device. Even by default there is a guess account on my tablet.

October 27, 2015, 03:14:02 AM
Reply #24

enterprised

• Information
  • Things are only impossible until they are not
I think I may have found a bug.

I've not determined the exact time interval, but it looks like approx. once every two hours, HomeGenie Plus seems to crash and shut down. When I launch the program again all is OK for the next hour or two and then it crashes again.

Is there a log file I can look at?
4a 75 73 74 20 61 20 70 65 72 73 6f 6e 20 68 61 76 69 6e 67 20 66 75 6e 20 77 69 74 68 20 68 6f 6d 65 20 61 75 74 6f 6d 61 74 69 6f 6e
enterprised == guytpetj

October 27, 2015, 07:35:06 AM
Reply #25

KaZe

• Information
My app crash too every few hour. Both program. (Homgenie and Homegenie Plus)

And I found the other, which present on HomeGenie app (http://www.homegenie.it/forum/index.php?topic=1109.0)
If the Security System alarm, I can't see it on HomeGenie Plus. Just see "Armed Home" or "Armed Away". No alarm status.

October 27, 2015, 09:59:18 AM
Reply #26

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Enterprised and KaZe: cannot see any crash report in the play store. Does the app crash after being two hours in the background or as a foreground app?
KaZe: I will include the alarm status in the next beta release (this weekend).

October 27, 2015, 10:16:33 AM
Reply #27

KaZe

• Information
Thanks Gene!

I send crash report from HomeGenie app. If plus crashed again, I send too. In my case, HomeGenie app and plus app crash, when I start the app, send background, and a few hours later start the app again. It's crashing, then I can start again normaly.

BTW, I found a new little bug. Status widget can't show information correctly. Attack the screenshots. "Szimuláció ideje" widget show well in browser and HomeGenie app, but HomGenie plus don't show everything.

October 27, 2015, 10:26:53 AM
Reply #28

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
So this is a known issue (sending the app in the background and restore after few hours) that is going to be fixed for next beta release.
I'll fix the status widget as well.

October 27, 2015, 05:37:28 PM
Reply #29

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Rev 4 published:

- fixed crash when starting the app with weather underground widget not configured
- should fix crash when restoring the app after a long time

KaZe, enterprised, let me know if the bug is fixed for you as well.

g.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 05:44:23 PM by Gene »