more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Wink Hub Control  (Read 2229 times)

December 16, 2014, 01:07:45 AM
Read 2229 times

mack

• Information
My first attempt at integration of the Wink Hub into Homegenie.

Currently this works for the dimmable GE Link bulbs but should work for any device that uses attribute 1 for ON and OFF.

I used a cheat and loaded curl on my Raspberry Pi(apt-get install curl).  The alternative ways to get this to work would be by using the ssh.net library or figuring out how to make it work with net.webservice

Please note that you will have to root your wink hub for this to work.  I'm using the set_dev_value.php vulnerability in the original release.

I could use some help with getting additional functionality to work.  For example the dimming function doesn't seem to be enabled in the HomeGenie gui right now.

Just for background the wink hub has radios for zwave, zigbee, kidde and lutron so the price is very attractive but the device has a long way to go, that's where HomeGenie comes in.

Update:  Dimming should work now.  I think I'm going to work on 2-way communication next.

Update:  Modifying number of modules now works.  I borrowed the code from the one-wire app.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 11:45:15 AM by mack »

December 16, 2014, 05:05:12 AM
Reply #1

Cash at Folsom

• Information
Excellent work!  Just updated my rooted hub today.  My system is mostly Z-Wave, but Wink looks like a cheap option for lighting in particular, so using it as a secondary hub in HomeGenie is a no-brainer.

January 08, 2015, 01:19:15 PM
Reply #2

kevin1

• Information
Can newer Wink hubs be rooted?  I thought only an old firmware Wink hub allowed rooting and they weren't selling them with the old firmware.  Maybe I misunderstood?