more G-Labs products

Author Topic: @sunset when internet is down  (Read 1214 times)

April 12, 2016, 05:12:28 AM
Read 1214 times

kevinvinv

• Information
So when the internet is down,  I guess that @sunset etc doesn't work anymore?  Is that correct? 

April 12, 2016, 04:43:16 PM
Reply #1

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
@sunset/@sunrise are driven by the weather underground APP.  If you have no internet, then they will only be as accurate as the last day you had internet.  Depending on the time of the year, this could be a few seconds or a few minutes difference.  If you have no internet at all, those won't work.

The alternative is to use the excellent jkUtils Solar Altitude APP.  It has quite a few options for both sunrise and sunset that give you a finer level of control over just how dark you want things to be when they run.  In the Advanced Smart Lights code I originally used WU but opted for jkUtils when jens released it so that I wouldn't be reliant on the internet in order for my lights to work.

May 16, 2016, 10:50:50 AM
Reply #2

philkeeper

• Information
hello, I am unable to use this feature!
Can someone explain me please?
es it takes just copy / paste the value 33 21 * * * in the module controller?
thank you

May 16, 2016, 11:15:03 AM
Reply #3

philkeeper

• Information
I just find I forget the @ before sunset
Another question please, how can I say sunset + 3 minutes? @sunset + 3 ***?

May 16, 2016, 06:20:07 PM
Reply #4

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
You can't do an offset from sunrise/sunset by default.  If you want to do that, you either need to modify the definition of sunrise/sunset in the WeatherUnderground app, write your own app that takes what WU provides and generates an offset of your liking, or switch to using the jkUtils Solar Altitude app which has other times to choose from.  I personally recommend the latter option.

May 17, 2016, 05:01:48 PM
Reply #5

philkeeper

• Information
ok thank you it was just to close the door of my bay window 3 minutes later never found myself locked out :-)