more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Binary, Multi-Channel, Z wave, in wall switch  (Read 413 times)

December 19, 2016, 04:34:25 AM
Read 413 times

GreenWenonah

• Information
I picked up a Vision, In-Wall switch with two relays.  I can control both circuits with the physical switches and one circuit from the dashboard.  If I go into the HG settings for that module, I can control the other circuit from the Multi-Instance/Multi-Channel section. Is there a way to have each circuit individually represented on the dashboard or integrated into the same Widget?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 05:59:09 AM by GreenWenonah »

January 02, 2017, 08:42:03 PM
Reply #1

chandan

• Information
Yes, you can have separate widgets on the dashboard for each individual relay. I have a few of the same zwave modules and the following procedure worked for me:
  • Go to Configure->Groups and Modules and add the module into some group on your dashboard. This is only done so that you can set some module parameters. (You can remove it later if you want.) Let's call the module Foo and let's also assume its zwave id is 5
  • Edit the parameters of Foo (the 3 horizontal bar icon next to the settings gear icon) and set ZWaveNode.MultiInstance.SwitchBinary.Count to the value 2
  • Go to Configure->Programs->Z-Wave, enable and start (or restart) the "Multi Instance/Channel Virtual Modules" program. You may have to install this program if it doesn't exist.
  • Go back to Configure->Groups and Modules and try to add a new zwave module, you'll now find two more zwave nodes 5.1 and 5.2. These are virtual modules corresponding to the two relays. 5.1 is the same as the original 5 and 5.2 is the second relay. You can now add separate widgets for each.