more G-Labs products

Author Topic: MySensors Serial Gateway (v2.0)  (Read 4181 times)

October 17, 2016, 10:52:05 PM
Reply #45

raptorjr

• Information
Hi.

I managed to install your mysensors code and I can see the notifications showing up with the serial data but I cannot add the module to the group it is not listed in the module list. There is no HomeAutomation.MySensors in the list.

Just to make sure. You have restarted your MySensor node after the gateway is started? It is when it is started that it does the presentation to HG.

But I don't think you should see notifications with serial data, unless you have removed that comment from the code? You are using the version from post #35?

@mvdarend If possible to edit maybe the newest version and info should be in the first post?

October 18, 2016, 06:17:36 AM
Reply #46

mvdarend

• Information
Hi.

I managed to install your mysensors code and I can see the notifications showing up with the serial data but I cannot add the module to the group it is not listed in the module list. There is no HomeAutomation.MySensors in the list.
Hi imedia,

Besides the above, here are a few more thing you can check for:

- Is 'Inclusion Mode always on (True/False)' set to True?
- Is the device you're adding in the supported devices list?
- Does the info you're seeing in the Serial Data popups look like MySensor messages? If not, the Baud rate might be incorrect.

If that doesn;t help, could you post your sketch here so I can try it on my system?

October 18, 2016, 06:19:30 AM
Reply #47

mvdarend

• Information
@mvdarend If possible to edit maybe the newest version and info should be in the first post?

I'm thinking of starting a new thread for the combined Serial/Ethernet version to make it more clear for others. I just need to write it all up, I'll see if I can do that this evening.

October 18, 2016, 07:35:48 PM
Reply #48

mvdarend

• Information

November 25, 2016, 08:55:02 AM
Reply #49

ealltech

• Information
Not sure if it could be a system on module kind of permissions issue, I'm running HomeGenie on a Windows machine and I don;t know very much about Linux. Is Domoticz still running on your RPi? Could it be blocking the COM port? (or some other program?)
I forgot to answer your last question, the code you uncommented earlier is the first line of code after a message has been received on the COM port, if that isn;t showing anything then there is no message being received.