more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Garage door detector ZG8101 EU and HG  (Read 729 times)

January 23, 2017, 06:23:07 PM
Read 729 times

dad57

• Information
Hi all,

And already the next question.
I've bought a ZG8101EU door detector.
Association wasn't a problem but I'm unable to get the status.

Any help is welcome

January 23, 2017, 07:50:03 PM
Reply #1

dad57

• Information
Weird is that the basic value changes when the sensor is moved but the status stayed always as closed (it works one time that the detector give me an Open then closed status)

January 28, 2017, 09:04:01 AM
Reply #2

dad57

• Information

February 10, 2017, 06:22:34 PM
Reply #3

dad57

• Information
I've bought it for nothing  :'(

February 10, 2017, 07:56:53 PM
Reply #4

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi,
Did you a do a "get" in the configuration device (after wakingup the device) ?
It can pemit to have more "Supported Classes", after that di you have "sensor binary" ?
Bye

February 10, 2017, 08:09:53 PM
Reply #5

Buzzster

• Information
This is my first post here and I am still learning too, but maybe my experience will help.

I bought one of these as well (ZG8101 EU).  Got mine from Monoprice and at first I was having trouble with getting it to pair and recognize, but after trying different ways to pair it and discover it.... now it works.

Not completely sure how I got it working, but there is one thing specifically I did. 
After it was discovered, I set it up as a "Sensor"
Then, when I went under the settings for "Associations", I put a "1" in the field for "add or remove a node in this group"
It now works and outputs an "On" or "1" when the Garage door is Open (Sensor is in the Horizontal position) and then outputs an "Off" or "0" when the Garage door is Closed (Sensor is in the Vertical Position).

My next step is going to try to use a Zwave Curtain Module and hook it up to the terminals on my garage door unit to try and open and close it.... (Not sure if it is possible, but remember reading about someone doing this).

Hope that helps.

Buzz