more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Fork of Homegenie using M2Mqtt  (Read 1630 times)

April 12, 2016, 11:56:35 PM
Read 1630 times

maxflax

• Information
For those having problem with the nmqtt I've forked the excellent HomeGenie on github where I have replaced nmqtt with M2Mqtt. M2Mqtt works much better on my raspberry pi's. I've had no disconnects and crashes with M2Mqtt like with nmqtt which would crasch every minute.

April 13, 2016, 12:16:00 AM
Reply #1

[email protected]

• Information
Is there not an option to make it configurable rather than Forking,?

April 13, 2016, 12:20:12 AM
Reply #2

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
Thanks for contributing, I will merge the fork into the official hg.

April 14, 2016, 11:17:30 PM
Reply #3

petediscrete

• Information
I was wondering maxflax what are you using attached to your RPI that causes your crashes and what RPI board are you using. I was experiencing difficulties with rc514 but rc515 seems to have sorted it out. Not sure of the implications of forking an application but I'd imagine keeping everything running through one channel would surely be best for the application.

I've used quite a few HA applications but without doubt HG has to be up there with the best of them. Multi platform and open source of course.

April 17, 2016, 03:01:55 AM
Reply #4

maxflax

• Information
I was wondering maxflax what are you using attached to your RPI that causes your crashes and what RPI board are you using. I was experiencing difficulties with rc514 but rc515 seems to have sorted it out. Not sure of the implications of forking an application but I'd imagine keeping everything running through one channel would surely be best for the application.

I've used quite a few HA applications but without doubt HG has to be up there with the best of them. Multi platform and open source of course.

I have a bunch of z-wave devices conntected to my RPI which is a version 1 model B. It's not Homegenie it self thats crashing, it's the nmqtt lib that homegenie uses a to communicate with a mqtt broker.
The implications of forking an application is that I can add stuff that I want and having it forked in github everybody else can also use it. Then if Gene thinks that something is good in other forks he can merge those changes back into the base trunk for homegenie.

July 18, 2016, 10:52:30 PM
Reply #5

[email protected]

• Information
What happened with this fork? I am still having issues with gnat MQTT and the .net framework on older raspberry pi boxes not starting.. Im assuming because the Lib is finding IPv6 addresses.

July 18, 2016, 10:55:40 PM
Reply #6

[email protected]

• Information
just found it via github, however thats the mqtt client helper, not the broker.. doh.