more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Windows 8 CM15A  (Read 1923 times)

July 30, 2014, 11:45:10 PM
Read 1923 times

ahrens7640

• Information
Hi, I'm pretty new at this. If there's any additional information that would help, let me know how to get it and I'll do it. You'll have to be pretty specific though lol

Issue: I am simply trying to turn on a light using X10 communication from my CM15A. I can turn the light on using Marmitek ActiveHome. I believe the issue is that HomeGenie is not recognizing my CM15A. It is only giving me two connection options for my X10 Interface menu

1) CM15 PRO - USB
2) CM11 - COMM

Do I need to configure something else to get it to recognize my CM15A? According to other forums this was an issue a while ago but they said it was fixed by a previous release on Windows 7. I don't think it fixed it on Windows 8. I am using HomeGenie R400.

TL;DR - Can activate light using ActiveHome but not Homegenie. I think HomeGenie is not recognizing my CM15A

July 31, 2014, 12:53:31 AM
Reply #1

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
There was an issue at one point where the CM15A was not recognized, but it does work now.  I have been using it for Raspberry Pi, Windows XP, and Windows 7 so I know it currently functions on those systems.  I have not used Windows 8, so I can't say for sure about that.

When installing HG, it should have popped up a dialog of some kind saying that you need to install drivers for usblib or something like that.  If this is correctly installed, you should be able to get HG to recognize the interface.  When you first start up HG, you need to go to the Interfaces menu.  Select X10 -> Enabled.  Select the connection type and select the USB option.  Make sure you enable whatever house codes you plan on using.  In order to send a command, you need to add the module to a group first.  Once it's in there, you can go to the control menu and operate things on/off/dim.

I believe this is available in the documentation with pictures of each step.  If you have more questions, post away.

July 31, 2014, 03:00:13 AM
Reply #2

ahrens7640

• Information
Ok, you were right, Homegenie functions correctly.

Reinstalling HomeGenie Fixed the issue. It did update my utility when I reinstalled. Here's my theory if anyone else is having the issue.

I installed Activehome after installing homegenie, also my CM15A was not plugged in during the initial install of Homegenie. I think either the CM15A needs to be plugged in during the HomeGenie install, or ActiveHome overwrote one of Homegenie's utilities. Either way the reinstall w/ the CM15A plugged in Fixed the issue.

July 31, 2014, 03:55:27 AM
Reply #3

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I had AHP installed on my WinXP machine.  I just installed HG on that machine this week and found that after it installed drivers for the CM15A, I could not run AHP anymore.  I suspect that if you installed AHP after HG, it broke the CM15A drivers.