more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Extended Security System  (Read 3284 times)

October 19, 2015, 08:50:08 PM
Read 3284 times

maxflax

• Information
Hi,

The basic alarm program is good but is a little too basic for my needs so I've built a extended system which I based on Genes program, which I changed and added functionality too. I thought I put it up here so if ppl are interested they can try it and provide with feedback or ask for features they want.

In this version there are:
* Support for Home and Away mode.
* Delayed trigger timer for selected sensors.
* Security modules Intruder and Fire as separate Virtual modules. I will add flooding.
* Added visual armed state on door window sensor. (So you can see if the sensor is armed and in which mode.)
* and more.

I will add support to the android app for this new program, that will be quicker than the new app Im building upon.

So for installation you'll need to copy some files to your homegenie installation and importing the program.

Copy the content of widgets_and_icons.zip to the folder which your HomeGenie.exe resides. This will also besides adding widgets replace the door window sensor widget with my modded version.

After that you can import the program.  1000-Security_System_Extended.hgx
* Update fix

Last step is to restart the Homegenie service and it should work.

I've attached a screen shot on how it can look after successfully installation and configuration.

!! No warranty expressed or implied - use at your own risk.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 01:27:49 AM by maxflax »

October 20, 2015, 11:45:42 AM
Reply #1

KaZe

• Information
Hi!

Nice project! I just test it on my notebook brand new HG 497 installation. I think the widget refresh not works well. I Disarm the fire, and the Security System Extended fire status go green. When I arm fire, status go white. But if I refresh the page, the status go to correct status.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 11:49:22 AM by KaZe »

October 20, 2015, 03:24:59 PM
Reply #2

maxflax

• Information
I have uploaded the hgx into the original post a fixed version of the program where the update works.

This worked in HomeGenie 1.0 but now when I installed the latest 1.1 I also saw that it didn't update correctly, So a bug in Hg I presume, Works now in the program with a little work around.

October 21, 2015, 07:05:01 AM
Reply #3

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi,
Good work and nice to share !
I will try it in my spare time.
Bye

October 21, 2015, 09:14:50 AM
Reply #4

KaZe

• Information
I test it my main system. Works fine for me. Very good program. I like this!  ;)
I have a modify "Ping Me At Home" program,"Auto Arm Disarm" and "virtual switches" program to control my security system automaticaly.
I have a question: how can I control "module intruder" from the other program? Like "virtualswitch.On();"
I'd like to control it from Auto Arm Disarm program. If i away, the security system control automaticaly to away status. When I arrived at home, it control automaticaly to disarm status.
If I can solve this program, I can share it too.

Other question: I see it don't work in Android app. About when to expect it will work?

October 21, 2015, 12:25:38 PM
Reply #5

KaZe

• Information
I think I found a bug. When the  bulid in Security Alarm System triggered, it send the e-mail about the sensor, which is triggered.
Code: [Select]
Security System Alarm triggered by Front Door Status.Level (HomeAutomation.ZWave.5)
But your program send an e-mail about Intruder, whichever sensor send the trigger signal.
Code: [Select]
Security System Alarm triggered by Riasztó Status.Level (HomeGenie.SecuritySystem.Intruder)
I think, its good, because you have Intruder, Fire and other sections. But i think, you should send the sensor information, which was triggered.

October 24, 2015, 02:16:09 AM
Reply #6

maxflax

• Information
Yes, looks like a bug. I will fix it shortly.

October 25, 2015, 01:24:25 AM
Reply #7

maxflax

• Information
I've fixed the bug and found a couple of others that I fixed as well.

October 26, 2015, 12:39:20 AM
Reply #8

maxflax

• Information
Kaze, for triggering the security system from other program do this for the virtual modules.

//For Intruder module.
var intruderModule = Modules.InDomain("HomeGenie.SecuritySystem").WithAddress("Intruder").Get();

// set home mode.
intruderModule.Command("Security.Intruder.Home").Set();

// set away mode.
intruderModule.Command("Security.Intruder.Away").Set();

// set alarm off mode
intruderModule.Command("Security.Intruder.Disarm").Set();

//For fire module
var fireModule = Modules.InDomain("HomeGenie.SecuritySystem").WithAddress("Fire").Get();
// Arming fire
fireModule.Command("Security.Fire.Arm").Set();

// Disarming fire
fireModule.Command("Security.Fire.Disarm").Set();

October 26, 2015, 06:47:32 PM
Reply #9

KaZe

• Information
Thx maxflax!
The new 498 HG has a new Security widget (with home, away options). I think, you should use this widget for your cool program, so you can use it with android app.

October 26, 2015, 08:44:44 PM
Reply #10

maxflax

• Information
Wont work with the android app and it's default security widget since they have different paths to be able to coexist.
Also I don't see support for the widget in the old app so it's probably only in the new beta plus app Gene has made.

But I can add a widget to the foss android app that supports my security system and post it here.

December 19, 2015, 01:18:45 AM
Reply #11

maxflax

• Information
If anyone are interested I have done a overhaul of my security system and added a ton of stuff. Most stuff lies in supporting multiple security zones. For instant I want my house and garage in different zones so I can have them armed separtly. So when coming home I can keep the garage armed and just disarm the house.

So if anyone have interest in zones in a alarm system I can up it here?

Took a screener so everyone can get the picture more clearer what I mean.