more G-Labs products

Author Topic: WIDGETS DESIGN  (Read 4195 times)

May 29, 2015, 01:13:31 PM
Read 4195 times

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hello Gene,

I have made some modifications in the sensor widget and create new icons for Sensor subject as Flood, Heat and Smoke as you can see in the screenshot.
There ara 2 kinds of sensor, one with progessive values and one with On(1-255) or Off(0) value.
In the sensor widget for On/Off subject, I propose that to show icon only if  if the value is different of 0.
The six actual On/Off Icons are in order : Alarm, DoorWindow, Flood, Motion, Heat and Smoke.

And as you can see I make a new design for my thermostat, but actually I adapt it only for french use, if you want I can adapt to your generic thermostat.

If you agree for sensor I can make a commit now.

Cheers
Dani
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 01:22:17 PM by dani »

May 29, 2015, 03:15:58 PM
Reply #1

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi dani,

I like your gfx. Just few notes:

- new widgets should have icon as this one: http://codepen.io/genielabs/pen/KwpMNx , so to let a bigger area for the content
- I'm wondering if you made any change to the thermostat popup and if it's in line with the latest thermostat widget option, or it has different ones

Cheers,
g.

May 29, 2015, 03:27:24 PM
Reply #2

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
For Thermostat, it is another widget I have created for Heater (Fil Pilote) that is used only in France.
It is adapted to only one ZWave equipement build by Goa, Qubino equipment

May 29, 2015, 03:36:16 PM
Reply #3

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I agree with you for put the sensor icon at the top.
Do you want I work with the new src code you suggest for adapt my precept ?

May 29, 2015, 03:57:44 PM
Reply #4

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
what is the best for you is ok.
you can then export the widget, so I can test/help with it.

Cheers,
g.

May 29, 2015, 04:09:08 PM
Reply #5

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Ok I will do it, export and post you with all icons.
For new integrate icon you have to modify my.css so

May 29, 2015, 06:02:45 PM
Reply #6

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi Gene,

Do you agree with that Sensor Widget ? Then I will send you all the datas.

May 29, 2015, 06:26:06 PM
Reply #7

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
I do agree, but it would be better having every line centered.
After that, you can proceed directly with a pull request.

Cheers,
g.

May 30, 2015, 12:35:31 AM
Reply #8

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Ok Gene, I will do with puyll request as soon as possible.

Only I will separate Sensor.Alarm and other On/Off sensor. Because with fibaro multisensor, Tampered alarm is report as alarm and it's need to check manually to reset it.
When we click on the bell, it reset the parameter value to Off.

May 30, 2015, 04:51:31 PM
Reply #9

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi dany, I merged your pull request and also pushed some updates.
Please pull the new code and tell me your thoughts about the new ui. :)

Cheers,
g.

May 30, 2015, 10:09:16 PM
Reply #10

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Ok Gene, I will do it

Cheers
Dani

I like it, it's faster to access every submenu. And I think it's a good way to restrict access instead of user password signature. I will test anymore. Good work Gene.

Cheers
Dani
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 10:27:20 PM by dani »

June 12, 2015, 05:31:21 PM
Reply #11

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Any chance we could get more items for weather?  I have an weather station that reports temperature, humidity, wind speed, wind direction, rain fall, and battery status.  I have all items stored to a generic/sensor in the correct slots as available but there aren't slots/icons for everything.  The widget keeps track of temperature, humidity, and battery correctly, but it doesn't have any way to report wind speed, wind direction, or rain fall.  It is currently reporting wind direction as text, but does not display wind speed nor rain at all.  It would be better if the wind direction could be displayed as a compass somehow, but that's just frosting really.

I have attached a screen shot of what the widget looks like and the code I'm using to receive MQTT and store the data to the sensors displayed.  Any updates to the widget to include these items would be great!

June 12, 2015, 07:53:46 PM
Reply #12

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
It looks like the reason the data doesn't always display on the widget is due to some kind of update timeout.  I send from the Arduino client at 30 second intervals and collect the data from MQTT in real time.  If the value of the data is unchanged, I have the script set to ignore the update (this is how the MySensors script works).  If the data doesn't change, then the sensor seems to decide to not display the data.  So, if there is no wind for some time, then the wind speed item does not show.  It hasn't rained here since installing the station permanently, so the rain data seems to be ignored.  I'll pour some water in the collector to see if I'm correct but that's the most obvious reason for what I'm seeing.

June 12, 2015, 11:13:23 PM
Reply #13

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Why do you not create any icon for windir for exemple ? You can find some samples in html images of HG. It's need time for make every thing. I can do it. But we cannot draw an icon for each degree.

What is your equipement to get wind information ans so on ?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 11:38:56 PM by dani »

June 12, 2015, 11:44:03 PM
Reply #14

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I use an Acurite 5in1 weather station and receive the wireless data with an Arduino.  The wind is split out into 12 or 16 angles not a full 360.  I suppose icons for each angle would work, hadn't thought of that.  If the icon were big enough, the numerical angle probably isn't needed.

Wind speed and rain could be mad pretty easily too.  I would probably use a flag or similar for wind and a single rain drop for rain.  Units for wind are miles/hour and rain are inches.

Oh, and I noticed that the Android app widget shows temperature in degC even though I'm localized in British units.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 11:48:24 PM by bkenobi »