more G-Labs products

Author Topic: How hard is it to setup hardware with HomeGenie?  (Read 1194 times)

March 15, 2016, 01:16:10 AM
Read 1194 times

HADad

• Information
Hi all!

I've been looking at HomeGenie and think it looks great for a home automation setup. My question is, how easy/hard is it to setup hardware?

If I bought a Raspberry Pi, a Z-wave USB stick, and a let's say a Z-wave open/close sensor, how hard is it to get HomeGenie to recognize and use hardware? Will it just work or do I have to edit text or config files and search the web or forums for how to get things working?

Thank you!

March 15, 2016, 03:11:53 AM
Reply #1

johnny

• Information
I'm pretty new here, but I was able to get up and running within an hour. Granted, I moved from a previous automation solution (openHAB) to this one. There wasn't any manual configuration, I installed the deb file on my pi and it recognized my sensors.

March 15, 2016, 03:23:15 AM
Reply #2

nolio

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi,
I can't guarantee at 100%, but usually all work fine quickly and easily without editing configuration or files.
You can take a look at the following document to have an idea of the way to configure :
http://www.homegenie.it/forum/index.php?topic=1420.msg9234#msg9234
Bye

March 15, 2016, 04:43:17 PM
Reply #3

HADad

• Information
I'm pretty new here, but I was able to get up and running within an hour. Granted, I moved from a previous automation solution (openHAB) to this one. There wasn't any manual configuration, I installed the deb file on my pi and it recognized my sensors.

Thanks Johnny! This is exactly what I was wondering. I looked at openHAB and thought it looked cool, but it looked like i would have to edit config files all the time to get it to recognize any sensors.

Thanks!

March 15, 2016, 04:44:09 PM
Reply #4

HADad

• Information
Hi,
I can't guarantee at 100%, but usually all work fine quickly and easily without editing configuration or files.
You can take a look at the following document to have an idea of the way to configure :
http://www.homegenie.it/forum/index.php?topic=1420.msg9234#msg9234
Bye

Thanks Nolio!