more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Razberry  (Read 13908 times)

May 06, 2014, 07:07:35 AM
Reply #30

mvdarend

• Information
I've given up on the Razberry as well for now. I'll have another try when I've more time.

May 19, 2014, 07:21:58 AM
Reply #31

mvdarend

• Information
I couldn't let it go, so I ordered a second Raspberry Pi to test the Razberry with. Testing with the 'production' Pi was annoying the wife  8)

I have a little more experience now with Z-wave, so I properly broke the association of my test device (A wall controller) with the Aeon stick.

It actually seemed to go well, but somehow HomeGenie 'lost' the device after association, here are the steps I took:

(note: I did this on Saturday, so some details may be slightly incorrect)

- Loaded pre-installed HomeGenie Image (r370 then updated to r372)
- Activated Z-Wave
- Put the wall controller into association mode
- Clicked on 'Add Node'
- HomeGenie found the device immediately, Yay! :)
- Device got the ID node 5

So far so good, but after this I couldn't find the controller when adding to Groups and Modules, I did see a device with Node id 0 (zero) but after adding that I couldn't configure it.

I rebooted the Pi, and tried again, but now I couldn't see any Z-Wave devices at all. Disabled / re-Enabled the Z-wave device, Disabled -> reboot -> Enable also didn't work.

Unfortunately, I forgot to retrieve the logs after doing this, I reloaded the Pi with another piece of sotware (Domoticz) and that seemed to find the device OK, but I didn't test it any further.

Could someone tell me the location of the Z-wave log files? (Or is it the normal log file location?) I'll try again this weekend and upload the logs if anyone wants them.

*Edit: Forgot to add that I upgraded to r372

« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 09:57:13 AM by mvdarend »

May 19, 2014, 01:04:01 PM
Reply #32

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer

June 02, 2014, 09:20:32 PM
Reply #33

tischan

• Information
Version 1.00 beta r370 still works for me with Razberry and Fibaro devices.

So it can work but there looks to be problematic.

February 03, 2015, 07:30:56 PM
Reply #34

thaui

• Information
Have to say that from all tested home automation builds homegenie is the best. It works right out of the box and my first tests are positiv. Did some tests with zway, openremote and domoticz. All of them had very strange issues or you need to spend a lot of time before you see the first results. I hope homegenie will be continuously developed. Than each euro of donation is worth to support the work.

November 21, 2015, 02:18:45 PM
Reply #35

gbremmer

• Information
For people who also are having trouble with Razberry (Z-Wave) after installing Wheezy or other distribution do the following:

Step 1: Disable Serial login
Wheezy

Raspbian allows you to login using the serial port. To use the Sleepy Pi we need to disable this. To do this, we need to edit /etc/inittab.

In an LXTerminal window type:

$ sudo nano /etc/inittab

Scroll down the bottom and you will find the lines:

#Spawn a getty on Raspberry Pi Serial line
T0:23:respawn:/sbin/getty -L ttyAMA0 115200 vt100

You need to comment the last line out (i.e. disabling it) with a “#” and save it, so that it results in:

#Spawn a getty on Raspberry Pi Serial line
#T0:23:respawn:/sbin/getty -L ttyAMA0 115200 vt100

Jessie

Raspbian Jessie no longer has the /etc/inittab file and replaces it instead with a mechanism called systemd and you use a tool called systemctl to enable / disable services.

In a terminal type the following commands:

sudo systemctl stop [email protected]
sudo systemctl disable [email protected]

Step 2. Disable Boot info

When Raspbian boots up it outputs boot information to the serial port and hence streams it to the Sleepy Pi (which is not particularly interested in it). To disable this we need to edit the /boot/cmdline.txt in LXTerminal:

$ sudo nano /boot/cmdline.txt

It will look something like:

dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=ttyAMA0,115200 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p6 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline rootwait

Delete the “console=ttyAMA0,115200 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 “ parts so that you are left with:
- See more at: http://spellfoundry.com/sleepy-pi/setting-arduino-ide-raspbian/#sthash.yMBpmkLQ.dpuf

source= http://spellfoundry.com/sleepy-pi/setting-arduino-ide-raspbian/

November 22, 2015, 02:41:01 PM
Reply #36

[email protected]

• Information
if people aren't happy doing the editing of config files, then

sudo raspi-config

go to advanced.

then choose serial and disable serial login iirc should do the same :)