more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Support for Thermostats  (Read 3816 times)

March 09, 2014, 11:08:25 AM
Read 3816 times

tonynelson

• Information
Hi,

Automating the heating is my wife's number one feature request for our home automation system :)!  Gene commented in a separate 'troubleshooting' thread that the HG ZWaveLib does not yet implement thermostat command classes.

Any chance of having this feature added to your (undoubtedly huge) to-do list?  I'm afraid I just don't have the skills to do this myself :(

Would it be possible to do simple, turn-on and turn-off, commands with the current release of HomeGenie?  Perhaps those generic commands are already supported?  If so, I'll go ahead and buy the z-wave thermostat.

Thanks!

Tony.

May 27, 2014, 08:59:35 PM
Reply #1

bradvoy

• Information
I too would like to be able to monitor and control my ZWave thermostat with HG.  Gene, is there anything those of us with these thermostats could do to help with this task?  Any logs we can gather, etc. that would make this easier?

June 22, 2014, 10:45:19 PM
Reply #2

miket

• Information
I just got the honeywell zwave thermostat.  I'm going to start working on adding functionality to the zwave thermostat module.

If anyone has put work into this already, please let me know.   Gene-  if you have a preference for how you'd like it to work, let me know as well.

I'm going to start by adding the command classes to the zwave interpreter, then add front end stuff one at a time.   I'm probably going to begin with just status, then work through to sending commands.   

If anyone wants to help with this, please let me know.   

June 23, 2014, 03:17:06 AM
Reply #3

bradvoy

• Information
Mike, I have a Radio Thermostat CT101 Zwave thermostat.  I would be happy to test whatever you come up with against this hardware.

June 24, 2014, 04:21:55 AM
Reply #4

miket

• Information
Great-  I'll let you know when I have a beta!  I'll put some time in this weekend, but should have something to test in the next two weeks

June 24, 2014, 04:24:48 AM
Reply #5

miket

• Information
In the meantime-  can you check to see if your thermostat supports associations?  Mine is broadcasting any changes after I associated it with node 1 (zstick controller).  This is of course the easiest way to make everything work without bothering to poll the node.   But we can figure out a way to poll if your thermostat doesn't support it.

June 24, 2014, 02:33:51 PM
Reply #6

bradvoy

• Information
I don't know how to tell if my thermostat supports associations.  It is talking to my controller as node 6.  If I go into the HG module setup page I see the following information:

Manufacturer Specific = 0098:6501:000C

Supported Classes
Basic, 81, 87, Manufacturer Specific, Sensor Multi Level, 40, 42, 44, 45, 43, Version, Configuration, Battery

Basic Value = 255
Battery Level = 87%

July 01, 2014, 06:52:42 PM
Reply #7

miket

• Information
Hey guys-

Keep an eye out on this thread:  http://www.homegenie.it/forum/index.php?topic=244.0

I might have a testing version out soon (up to Gene how I should try things out)

When the testing version is out, I really need to see if your thermostats are automatically sending messages when things change and if you are using Celsius if my setpoint command still works.   

July 01, 2014, 07:00:26 PM
Reply #8

bradvoy

• Information
Excellent!  I'll watch for the test version and give it a try as soon as it's available.  My thermostat is using Fahrenheit, so I won't be able to check Celsius compatibility.