more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Razberry not working.  (Read 4427 times)

November 26, 2015, 08:11:32 AM
Read 4427 times

emerich

• Information
Hello,

yesterday I upgraded my Raspberry to Version 503 and tried to include my z-wave devices
(Aeon Labs Multisensor Gen5 AEOEZW074, Fibaro Motionsensor  FIB_FGMS-001 and Düwi Switch IP20  DUW_064374) They all worked with previous Homegenie 1.0. At first I couldn't include them into the network, but with several retries and changing the timing to 500ms two of them have been recognized

I couldn't get the Fibaro to work.

When I do a query the AEON Labs and the DÜWI are recognized but I can't set any parameters as I get the well known Timeout all the time.

To verify my HW I installed the zwave.me application and did en exclude and include of the devices and all of them worked fine. To avoid interference at the serial connection I killed the relevant tasks and went back to Homegenie  with the same result as before. At first I tried to use the devices which I connected via the  zwave.me application and I found them as Modules in Homegenie, but also no chance to set parameters. Then I excluded the modules with Homegenie (successful after several retries) and tried to include them again with Homegenie. The result stays the same as described at the beginning.

Any suggestions? The only difference of my installation is mono 4.

br. Christian 

November 26, 2015, 10:31:01 AM
Reply #1

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
Please post HG log.

g.

November 26, 2015, 04:32:56 PM
Reply #2

emerich

• Information
Hi Gene,
thanks for fast reply. Find enclosed the logfile.
After restart of the service I saw the zwave switch and I could put him on or of on the widget, but without action on the hardware. Then I tried to do some queries and to get some parameters. For the test I left away the x10 HW. So you might find some x10 errors.

br. Christian

November 26, 2015, 05:42:46 PM
Reply #3

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi Christian,

I see that all packets are very fragmented. Is the serialport used by some other software?
Can you try the patched ZWaveLib and see if it solves the issue? This patch is not about handling fragmented packets, but perhaps it will get some better.
I will think of some other solution for the packet fragmentation issue, though I never seen this behavior before.

http://www.homegenie.it/forum/index.php?topic=1217.msg7645#msg7645

g.

November 26, 2015, 06:06:22 PM
Reply #4

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Well... I did implement also packet fragmentation handling, so it should work even in that case.
I'm attacching the fixed library if you can test.

- stop hg
- copy ZWaveLib.dll to homegenie/lib/mig folder
- start hg

Cheers,
g.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 06:11:51 PM by Gene »

November 26, 2015, 06:31:09 PM
Reply #5

emerich

• Information
Sorry, but for me nothing changed. No parameter seting or reading!

November 26, 2015, 06:46:07 PM
Reply #6

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
sorry emerich there's an error in the new code:

Code: [Select]
2015-11-26 18:26:39.8696 Error System.ArgumentException: length
  at System.Array.Copy (System.Array sourceArray, Int32 sourceIndex, System.Array destinationArray, Int32 destinationIndex, Int32 length) <0x74e583a0 + 0x00430> in <filename unknown>:0
  at ZWaveLib.ZWaveController.ParseSerialData (System.Byte[] message) <0x70564fd8 + 0x002c7> in <filename unknown>:0
  at ZWaveLib.ZWaveController.SerialPort_MessageReceived (System.Object sender, SerialPortLib.MessageReceivedEventArgs args) <0x70564f78 + 0x0002b> in <filename unknown>:0
  at SerialPortLib.SerialPortInput.OnMessageReceived (SerialPortLib.MessageReceivedEventArgs args) <0x70564ee0 + 0x0006f> in <filename unknown>:0
  at SerialPortLib.SerialPortInput.ReaderTask () <0x70e05ee0 + 0x0012f> in <filename unknown>:0

I'll post the fix in a few minutes.

g.

November 26, 2015, 06:50:24 PM
Reply #7

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Here the fix.

g.

EDIT:
never mind... I need some more time :)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 06:54:44 PM by Gene »

November 26, 2015, 07:12:11 PM
Reply #8

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hopefully this will work. Please delete old log file so you can attach only the new debug.

g.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 03:36:18 PM by Gene »

November 27, 2015, 03:37:20 PM
Reply #9

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
To not create confusion attacching ZWaveLib in different threads, I uploaded latest testing release here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/homegenie/files/testing/

g.

November 27, 2015, 07:26:10 PM
Reply #10

emerich

• Information
Hi Gene,

sorry for the delay and thanks for your effort.
I now had tine to test your latest z-wave library.
Now the query works for all of the devices, but when I try to set some parameters it's running into timeout.
In the logfile I saw that the device sleeping flag is always set and the message will be resent. But most of the tries the device was awake! And one of the sensor nodes realy got the commands, but only one. Never the less all get commands faild with timeout, even when the device was awake. If the device send date on his own they are received. The device Nr.15 is detected during query, but afterwards all communication fails.
I add the log.
If you have some time left, can you please have a look?

Thanks Christian

November 27, 2015, 08:13:15 PM
Reply #11

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi emerich,

I had a look at the logs. Node 15 is implementing the Security Command Class. So I guess the problem is due to the fact that HG implementation of Security Command class has not been verified and so it might be buggy. I've no device implementing that class, so I can't do much about this.
The user that contributed to the security class in HG is snagytx:

https://github.com/genielabs/HomeGenie/pulls?q=is%3Apr+author%3Asnagytx+is%3Aclosed

Hopefully him or some other user having a device implementing the security command class, can help fixing the code.

Cheers,
g.

November 28, 2015, 11:30:29 AM
Reply #12

emerich

• Information
Hi Gene,

thanks for your effort.

br. Christian

November 28, 2015, 07:39:13 PM
Reply #13

emerich

• Information
Hi Gene,

I did a clean install of OS and your application. I also used your new zwave library.
Now I have the sensor witch uses the secure mechanism (AEON Labs gen5 Module18 in the log) included and get the data from it.
On the other side I Included the Fibaro Eye (Module 19) twice but can't get any data (I think because of wrong Group settings). But I can't change the settings.

For both sensors I can't set any parameter. I always get a timeout regardless of the configured timeout value.
The log says that the module is flaged as sleeping even when I wake up the device manualy. I can't see an entry in the log stating that the system gets a message when I wake up the device or clears the sleeping flag.

Any suggestions on that?

Thanks and best regards
Christian

November 28, 2015, 07:55:41 PM
Reply #14

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
How far is the device from the controller? Perhaps it's a radio range problem?
What happen if you position the device closer to the controller?

g.