more G-Labs products

Author Topic: TESTING RELEASE  (Read 196296 times)

June 23, 2014, 11:04:00 PM
Reply #165

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Did you try selecting the button on top "check all" (or whatever it's called)?  I did it that way and it appears to have worked correctly.

June 24, 2014, 11:20:37 AM
Reply #166

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Yes I used the top button "Check All" to multicheck, and it is this button that doesn't work correctly.
In the previous version it's work perfectly
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 11:22:12 AM by dani »

July 01, 2014, 01:33:19 AM
Reply #167

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
  • Tangible is the future!
    • Yet Another Programmer
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 11:07:05 AM by Gene »

July 01, 2014, 12:18:58 PM
Reply #168

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi Gene,

I'am testing the new release.
Congratulations, you have made a big work tout change the design of the Control part. I like it.
It's a good way to suppress on step so the toggle sin't need any more.
Thank's Gene for your work

Cheers
Dani

July 02, 2014, 11:11:28 AM
Reply #169

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi dani,

I've made some fix the to new ui and so published r388.
Please report about any issue and suggestions.

Cheers,
g.

July 02, 2014, 04:20:36 PM
Reply #170

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Ok, I will testing r388.
With r387, I had some mix between Group with jkUtils-Solar Attitude in Dashboard. I will see if it's persist with r388.

Cheers
Dani

July 03, 2014, 09:52:44 AM
Reply #171

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
With r388, the mixed view between Group in Control screen desappears. And the percent size of jkUtils Widgets works.

Cheers
Dani

July 03, 2014, 09:21:10 PM
Reply #172

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Just bundled r390. I think the UI rework is completed now.   ::)

https://sourceforge.net/projects/homegenie/files/testing/

g.

July 04, 2014, 09:31:51 PM
Reply #173

Jens

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi Gene,

I just updated from 374 to 392, is there any chance in Grouping the devices within the new UI?

Please see the one attached, I would like to have them more aligned. e.g a row for X10,
a row for hue, a row for shutters etc. Especially on tablet pc this looks confusing to me.

Thanks
Regards
Jens

July 04, 2014, 09:42:09 PM
Reply #174

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I haven't updated to r390 yet.  I updated to r375 a few days ago and have been seeing issues with my custom code functioning.  I believe I have narrowed down the cause (or at least what causes things to stop working).

My lighting code consists of 4 scripts:  Activity Log, Advanced Smart Lights, Last Event, Stuck Module Check.  I have tweaked things a bit since my last upload, but nothing that should cause a complete failure like I'm seeing.  It appears that when I have both the Activity Log and Last Event scripts running, Last Event does not run.  If I stop Activity Log, Last Event starts functioning again.

The only things of note that have changed recently are updating from r374 and mapping a network drive to the logging file write location.  Any thoughts?  Were there any changes to the "WhenModuleIsChanging" code?

July 05, 2014, 02:50:09 AM
Reply #175

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi Jens,

the new control page is using "isotope" for sorting the modules:

http://isotope.metafizzy.co/layout-modes/packery.html

the modules position in your screenshot should not be the result of "isotope packery".
Perhaps there's some javascript error that is preventing the modules to be sorted.
As you can see in my screenshot the modules are packed and there's no blank spaces.
Also when rotating the screen on phone/tablet, the modules are rearranged (and animated also) to fit in the new screen size.

Either way this is just a first rework, probably to be improved in the future allowing at least to add a "new row" separator in the modules list.

g.

July 05, 2014, 02:58:52 AM
Reply #176

Gene

• Information
  • Administrator
    • Yet Another Programmer
Hi ben,

no changes to the EventsHelper class since march 5th.

Btw just a suggestion for the logging. Why don't you just create a symbolic link to the homegenie "log" folder making it point to your samba share?
So you can use standard hg logging.

Cheers,
g.

July 05, 2014, 03:43:56 AM
Reply #177

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I thought about that but wasn't sure if that would cause issues for HG.  Since you suggested it, I'll give it a try.

July 05, 2014, 07:49:44 PM
Reply #178

Jens

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Hi Gene,

I think the new row separator will help, maybe it would also help to have the widgets all the same hight. In the screenshot X10 switch/X10 Dimmer/Shutter/hue... are all not the same hight. From the amount of information displayed within the widget I think they could all be the same hight which would probably help isotope as far as I understood their webpage.

Thanks
Regards
Jens

July 06, 2014, 05:06:49 PM
Reply #179

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
I have my code all straightened out now so I installed r392 and everything seems to be working as expected.  I like the new look!  The old one was fine, just a bit bland and dated.  The only thing I'm not so keen on is the drop down to switch groups.  Perhaps I split things up into too many groups, but it feels a little clunky switching between them.  Perhaps having a divider and being able to scroll through them all?  I don't plan on using the web interface much when everything is configured, so this isn't all that critical.