more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Sending email with HG 5.25 ???  (Read 2864 times)

March 14, 2017, 03:35:52 PM
Reply #45

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
It looks like you are setting up your installation of JESSIE to use the WHEEZY repository.  Is that intentional?  I'm not sure what the technical differences are, but it seems that might lead to problems.
Code: [Select]
>echo "deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list
>sudo apt-get update

Also, I thought you were having a problem with certificates.  But, since you never install them it must have been something else going on.  This is how I install certificates for yahoo mail:
Code: [Select]
7) Set up SSL certificates
   sudo apt-get install mono-complete
   sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
   sudo certmgr -ssl smtps://smtp.mail.yahoo.com:465

confirm setup:
   echo "" | openssl s_client -tls1 -showcerts -connect smtp.mail.yahoo.com:465

*** yahoo and most likely google require an app specific password ***

With wheezy, there was a different package that also needed to be installed but this should work for Jessie.  If it worked, that echo command will show you a list of valid certificates from yahoo.  But, if your method works, great!   8)

March 14, 2017, 09:16:53 PM
Reply #46

yoker77

• Information
The method works without problems. It is perhaps still important to point out that the installation of sudo gdebi homegenie-beta_1.1.r525_all.deb takes very long. Before the actual installation of HG each lib lib-mono-files are loaded. I think, the SSL certificates will be there. It is important that the original homegenie.exe is exchanged for one of the variants of Bounz, otherwise the mail dispatch does not work.
Maybe you'll find time to implement the installation according to the scheme described.
With us at the moment the law of Murphy prevails: It works. But why?

Greets
yoker77