more G-Labs products

Author Topic: HG + OpenSprinklerPi on single raspberry pi  (Read 1777 times)

July 07, 2014, 03:07:48 PM
Read 1777 times

tonynelson

• Information
Hi,

I have already implemented OpenSprinklerPi (a Pi-based watering system - rayshobby.net) on a Pi.  It's hooked into my network, I have remote access set up etc.

I'd now like to automate lighting etc using z-wave and HG looks perfect.  Ideally I'd like to just add the HG system on top of the OpenSprinkler Pi rather than have a separate Pi for each application.   Does anyone know if this is possible?

OpenSprinklerPi uses port 8080 to provide a web application for control of the watering - perhaps that will clash with a requirement of HG??

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Tony.

July 07, 2014, 04:01:33 PM
Reply #1

dani

• Information
  • Global Moderator
HG uses port 80 or 81.

Cheers
Dani

July 08, 2014, 02:14:14 AM
Reply #2

tonynelson

• Information
Hi Dani,

Thanks for your response.  I'll try installing HG on top of OSPi and report back here.

When I've installed HG from the raspberry pi image it's been preconfigured to start on boot - but I assume this won't happen when I install manually.  I understand that I can do this by adding the name of the correct HG script to the /etc/init.d file.  My question is, what is the correct HG script that I should be calling?

Thanks again,

Tony.

July 08, 2014, 04:17:15 PM
Reply #3

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
You can simply install the debian version and it will work as expected.  The main benefit of the card image is that it's all ready to go, but there's no reason you can't just install it yourself on a card that's already configured.

Code: [Select]
sudo gdebi homegenie-beta_1.00.374_all.deb
Once complete, HG will automatically start and launch the web interface on port 80.  You can configure everything within HG.

July 09, 2014, 03:09:09 AM
Reply #4

tonynelson

• Information
Hi all,

I thought I'd post back and confirm that I have both OpenSprinkler and HG working on the same pi, as Dani and bkenobi said it would.

I just installed HG as per the instructions on the downloads page on top of the card image for OpenSprinkler.

I only had two minor issues I had to deal with.  First was getting the download onto the card.  I couldn't get FTP to work, so I ended up using the UNIX "scp" command, which worked fine.

Then I had some errors return during the install.  The 'downloads' page of HG suggested installing the 'en_EN' locale.  I couldn't find that, but I did install 'en_US' to supplement the already configured 'en_GB'.  When I re-installed the errors disappeared and the system is now working.

Cheers,

Tony.