more G-Labs products

Author Topic: Android app doesn't update module status  (Read 2499 times)

September 23, 2014, 12:54:03 AM
Read 2499 times

bkenobi

• Information
  • Global Moderator
Configuration:
Raspi r411
Android ICS 1.0.15
Windows control via Firefox

Examples:
Turn on light in Android app = lights turn on, Firefox shows update, android app still shows off and no update to time

Turn on light from Firefox = lights turn on, Firefox shows update, android app still shows off and no update to time

With light on, exit app and restart = android app shows correct status and update

Conclusion:
The app does not appear to be pushed any updated status from HG nor does it try to pull anything during page changes or after some time.  This makes controlling a single module useful, but difficult for verifying the command was executed since the app doesn't show anything different.

September 23, 2014, 06:54:00 AM
Reply #1

duch

• Information
Hello

I have the same configuration and I have noticed some problems too especially for a door/window sensor status. All is working fine (firefox-raspberry) but the door is staying closed on android.

Thank youbfor your help

February 24, 2015, 02:03:34 PM
Reply #2

KaZe

• Information
+1

I have the same problem with modul status update on Android Phone (Asus Padfone 2, Android version: 4.4.2)
HomeGenie APP version: 1.0.16

My server configuration:
HP Proliant Microserver G8, Windows Server 2012 R2
HG server version: 1.00 beta rev. 478
Windows control via Chrome

March 25, 2015, 05:45:58 AM
Reply #3

Eric_S

• Information
Good to know it's not just me. My android app has only given me correct z-wave status when polling is enabled. Gene says looking is evil though.

Ubuntu 14.04
HG 1.00 r478 (and several previous)

May 28, 2015, 09:40:19 AM
Reply #4

KaZe

• Information
The switching status is only updated when the button is fully visible out of the field, and then will screen again.
So the program is only update the status of the switch, which is arrives on the screen. Then do not.
I made a video about it.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B29zq2qZ6UHhTmZ4VGl3dV92XzA&usp=sharing

May 28, 2015, 02:37:20 PM
Reply #5

kevin1

• Information
For me the android app seems to stop responding frequently as well.  I try going into settings and then back to main screen and that used to bring it back.  Recently I have to kill the app and restart it for the widgets to start working again.

HG doesn't work great on mobile Chrome browsers either, I find that it gets into a loop for the password and it pops up new user/password notifications before I can finish them  Kind of frustrating not to have quick reliable HG access on mobile :-(

August 14, 2015, 02:25:04 PM
Reply #6

KaZe

• Information
Hi!

I found a reason, why not updated status in android app. When notification appears at the bottom, the switches status not refresh any more.
I close android app, and open again (the notification pop up desappear), the switch status refresh, until the notification not appear again.

I made a video:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B29zq2qZ6UHhd1JyeTJwMHI2NTE2VERYSVZGeUJJQW5nVXVR