more G-Labs products

Author Topic: SOLVED--Door switches only change level when button pushed.  (Read 657 times)

January 17, 2016, 12:13:44 AM
Read 657 times

Acorlin

• Information
Sollution---
I found that the position of the USB stick in relation to the desktop power supply I am using made a difference in whether or not the Aeon door/window switch "level" signal was heard by the stick. Several identical desktops were tested and I found that that same thing was apparent in all three. If I moved the USB stick (an AEON) to the front USB slot on the desktop all was well. If I used the rear one near the power supply fan the level changes were not heard by the stick. I used a 10 foot USB extender cable from the rear USB slot to the USB stick and the problem went away. This morning I tried a different computer with a power supply from a different manufacturer and did not have the problem I related below. My assumption is that when the USB stick is close to the fan grid of the desktop power supply enough "hash" from the switching transistors leaks out that it can disrupt the Aeotec USB stick from working properly.

Multiple resets of the Door/Window sensors seems to have worked. The manual specifies to reset the device hold the inclusion button for about 30 seconds. 2 minutes did the trick.

As an aside I want to state that AEON (Aeotec) was VERY responsive to my request for help. I left a message via email and received a call back the next day at 8pm my time.

Original problem---
I am running HG 493 on a Windows 10 laptop with 10+ Aeotec door/window switches that has been running well for months. Also using an Aeotec USB stick.
When I try to add an additional identical switch to the setup it shows up in the group looking like the ones that work however the new ones only change "level" when their inclusion button is pushed. When the magnet is moved to activate the device I can see the LED light up for a moment on the sensor. They seem to only communicate with the stick when I push the button. I am also having the same problem with an Aeotec dry contact switch I am trying to include in the setup. As I am having the problem with 4 different new devices I am pretty sure it is an "Operator Error" of some sort.

The setup screens on the working and non working devices look exactly the same. As an aside when I have tried to upgrade to the latest HG version 512 as of this writing  the backup configuration file will not load.

What have I overlooked?
Thank you for your help.
Alan

« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 07:13:19 PM by Acorlin »

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?